Akakabuto's Body

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin
Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Akakabuto's Body

Post by Phantom Riki »

What happened to the giant bear's body after Gin decapitated him?
Power isn't Justice.Justice is Power!!
Previously known as Mr Charisma
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Re: Akakabuto's Body

Post by Dragon »

Maybe they had a feast after their long, difficult battle in the memory of the fallen soldiers and their victory. :FLY:

ImageImage
Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Phantom Riki »

Dragon wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:59 am Maybe they had a feast after their long, difficult battle in the memory of the fallen soldiers and their victory. :FLY:
Or maybe they mummified him just like Riki to scare their opponents?
Power isn't Justice.Justice is Power!!
Previously known as Mr Charisma
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

I agree with Dragon. They did have a lot of mouths to feed and, since it can get really cold in Ohu, especially in winter, the meat probably would have stayed edible for a while even if they couldn't eat him in one go.
Mr Charisma wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:24 am
Dragon wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:59 am Maybe they had a feast after their long, difficult battle in the memory of the fallen soldiers and their victory. :FLY:
Or maybe they mummified him just like Riki to scare their opponents?
I think we would have seen his mummified corpse at some point if that was the case :THOT: It's not like they could have just hidden him somewhere like with Riki.

Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Or the humans took his body away with helicopter?
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Rals
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Rals »

I just assumed that the dogs ate him
Best not waste that good bear meat just because he was foe
Oh-oh, I grieve in stereo, the stereo sounds strange
I know that if you hide, it doesn't go away

Fursona pic by Akame <3
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

I personally what happened to Akakabuto's skeleton. Surely, bones that big belong in a museum. :akakabuto:

But, I suppose I headcanon that the dogs stripped him bare, chewed the bones until they got sick of them and then simply tossed them into the valley... would've been kinda cool if they'd kept Akakabuto's skull as a trophy though.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Shining Sirius wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:50 pm I personally what happened to Akakabuto's skeleton. Surely, bones that big belong in a museum. :akakabuto:

But, I suppose I headcanon that the dogs stripped him bare, chewed the bones until they got sick of them and then simply tossed them into the valley... would've been kinda cool if they'd kept Akakabuto's skull as a trophy though.
Man, if they kept his skull, theyd have proof of actually taking him down so people stopped doubting the story! D:

ImageImage
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Dragon wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:18 pm
Shining Sirius wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:50 pm I personally what happened to Akakabuto's skeleton. Surely, bones that big belong in a museum. :akakabuto:

Man, if they kept his skull, theyd have proof of actually taking him down so people stopped doubting the story! D:
Ooh, I never thought about that. Though, knowing their luck, it probably would've been blown to dust in the detonation of Gajou... :tfw_bella1:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Okay this gave a weird idea but here goes:

In GDW, when GB and Weed see Gajou for the first time, they're struck by some sort of "ominous aura" emanating from there. I assume it was just foreshadowing Kaibutsu's presence and his desecration of the place, but what if it wasn't just him? What if, after the Ohu soldiers ate all of Akakabuto's flesh, they entombed the bones in Gajou (probably in the deepest, most rat-infested chamber they could find) because they wanted to keep a memento of their great victory but nobody could actually stand being around them?

And then ten years later things began to fall apart because, as it turns out, keeping the remains of your sworn enemy (who may or may not have been slightly demonic in nature) around can have some unwanted side-effects.

Rusty
Victor
Victor

Post by Rusty »

I thought most dogs in the story hate bear meat? At least if they haven't had it before. I know some of them enjoy eating bear but I'm pretty sure they recoil at just the smell of it.

Most likely the humans took the corpse away since Gohei was there.
icon by dolan
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Rusty wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:21 pm I thought most dogs in the story hate bear meat? At least if they haven't had it before. I know some of them enjoy eating bear but I'm pretty sure they recoil at just the smell of it.

Most likely the humans took the corpse away since Gohei was there.
A decent chunk of the army was made up of dogs known to hunt bears (the original pack led by Riki, Hakurou's soldiers, and presumably the Mutsu bros' army since they claimed that bear meat is a delicacy in Aomori) so even if not all of them were used to it, there would have been plenty of dogs willing to eat the meat.

Regarding humans taking the body away, Gohei expressly forbade people from setting foot in Futago Pass after Akakabuto's defeat (and it's implied he owned the land so he had the full legal right to do so), so I think it's unlikely humans had anything to do with the disappearance of Akakabuto's body.

skinklegs
Friend
Friend

Post by skinklegs »

Humans probably took it...somehow.

And if they didn't, all those dogs have to eat something. Even if they don't like bear meat, it beats starving to death!
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Honestly now I'm just thinking of the missed opportunity of Yoshi using Akakabuto's bones becoming apart of Gajou with some very interesting imagery.

Like just imagine there being a giant ribcage that the dogs walk through?
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Wolpard wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:54 pm Honestly now I'm just thinking of the missed opportunity of Yoshi using Akakabuto's bones becoming apart of Gajou with some very interesting imagery.

Ohh yes! And his head at the top of gajou :tfw_sirius1:
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

I think humans did indeed take it away, I mean didn't the manga at some point mention that Bear meat is not that easy or is too disgusting and too smelly to eat anyway?
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Gingaddict wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:22 am I think humans did indeed take it away, I mean didn't the manga at some point mention that Bear meat is not that easy or is too disgusting and too smelly to eat anyway?
Yes and no. It's been said to be unappetizing but several of the dogs we know of that fought Akakabuto have/do eat bear eat.
Wisp
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Wisp »

I also think they ate him. Or maybe left behind to rot away naturally?
DweZie Hype

Post by DweZie Hype »

I think they either ate him or buried him under Gajo
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

Raki wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:26 pm
Wolpard wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:54 pm Honestly now I'm just thinking of the missed opportunity of Yoshi using Akakabuto's bones becoming apart of Gajou with some very interesting imagery.

Ohh yes! And his head at the top of gajou :tfw_sirius1:
I WISH this had happened in canon. Maybe his pelt was somehow mummified or preserved and the Leader of Ohu is allowed to sleep on it...though admittedly that doesn't seem like Gin's style.

And the idea of Aka's skull on top of Gajou is amazing.

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”