Saddest death in GNG anime

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin
Nerdykestrel74
Recruit
Recruit

Re: Saddest death in GNG anime

Post by Nerdykestrel74 »

I agree with Raki regarding Riki's death. He deserved more time with his son :tfw_orion1:
Akatora's death was also pretty sad
Benizakura's death also made me cry. He died protecting everyone else
Akakama my beloved <3 :akakama:
Fino
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Fino »

Phantom Riki wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:49 am Ginga Nagareboshi Gin is very close to my heart.
I wanna know which character's death shook you more?
My saddest death is my favorite character:Riki.
I second this. I remembering being really heartbroken as a kid when Riki died, and how much I wished he would have been around for GDW.
SF86

Post by SF86 »

For me Riki´s death is the most emotional, he just started to get to know his son

But Benizakura's and Terry's deaths is really sad to
XeroxV

Post by XeroxV »

Benizakura and Akatora's death definitely hit me the hardest.
GangstaGuru
Mentor
Mentor

Post by GangstaGuru »

This was a tricky one to figure out honestly. To try and even my all-round choice out of both manga and anime together is hard, because anime at least can definitely amplify the emotional side of a story, at least does so for me anyway.

If you were asking me based on the manga, I'd probably say Benizakura. Not saying that anyone else's death through the manga wasn't identical or near-identical to how their death played out in the anime. I think they did a good job with keeping the storyline mostly true to the original manga story. But I think Benizakura's death gave me about the same amount of sadness as the anime. Maybe it's because I don't get as much emotion from looking at a comic than others do, and towards other other characters deaths. Akatora's death probably would've been second.

In the anime, I'd say Riki, just pipping Akatora and Benizakura's death. As I said, I think anime (or any variant of cartoon for that matter) does better with bringing out emotions with the viewer. Riki's final words with Gin were really powerful, and sad that he only had just realized Gin was his son. Not to mention he died trying to protect Gohei twice.

So after breaking it separately into each manga and anime, if I had to make an all round decision, it would be Benizakura. Probably because his death in the anime was most true to his death in the manga.
FurAffinity
DeviantArt
Twitter

If you want to change the world, start off my making your bed

:akame: :EXCITE:
Nate

Post by Nate »

Riki or John
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

honestly none of them really made me cry the first time, mainly I heard about them before they happened and some of the dogs that were killed we didn't get much time with. But sometimes in re-watching, Akatora's death does hit more since I heard about his story in the Shin Gaiden and the cries his brothers had for him did speaker louder than just a few pack members as I am still bummed that Chutora was not drawn there at his death scene THAT WAS POOR DRAWING THERE!

Riki's death may have hit harder if it didn't have the rock music coming right after he passed, it was like Bambi's mother's death with the twittering birds!
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
lizaleminou

Post by lizaleminou »

:tfw_orion1: Beni and Terry
Lover of Animation, especially involving anthropomorphic characters!
:tfw_bella2:
DreamingParadise

Post by DreamingParadise »

I really liked Akatora, and it hit me hard when he died. But, he went out heroically. Suited him.
davidefenara

Post by davidefenara »

Phantom Riki wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:49 am Ginga Nagareboshi Gin is very close to my heart.
I wanna know which character's death shook you more?
My saddest death is my favorite character:Riki.
1 Terry
2 Akatora
3 Benizakura
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Post by Troll Berserker »

Benizakura - it was the most memorable and impacting to me. the whole setup, his sacrifice and the blood flower forming on the water to mark his death -just a fantasticaly written scene.

Kurojaki - because I feel there was potential about his character and the whole Koga&Iga arc. Plus he abandons his child which kinda suck, makes me feel sorry for little Tesshin to lose a father this way.
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Akame's son, who jumped into spike trap with Koga soldier!
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Kaiken wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:26 pm Akame's son, who jumped into spike trap with Koga soldier!
Absolutely the one that surprised me and made me tear up :tfw_orion1: Poor little Hayato.

ImageImage
MeteorGin

Post by MeteorGin »

Riki, whose son barely got to know him before he died.

And Akatora, who left his younger brothers behind. Those were the hardest for me.
Vicutooru
Potential
Potential

Post by Vicutooru »

Benizakura
:EMPTY:
Kaiv

Post by Kaiv »

A draw between Benizakura and pretty much all of Akame’s kids. They were very minor but their deaths were so hurtful yet didn’t leave such an impact on the other characters
Celloco

Post by Celloco »

Currently rewatching the anime and I think the most memorable and sad one for me was Benizakura. I mean the blood in the water thing didn't make much sense considering his wounds, but hey lol Still the best imo
sabrus
Recruit
Recruit

Post by sabrus »

i'm not really moved by any deaths scenes in GNG anymore, but if i had to say which one is the saddest, it would probably be benizakura's.
:kisaragi: :uzuki: :hazuki: :minazuki: :izou: :harpoonbear: :retsuga: :rigel:
TrashMonster

Post by TrashMonster »

Hayato, Benizakura and Riki, especially with Beni. RIP the strongest dog :benizakura:
mangamies91

Post by mangamies91 »

Riki shouldn't have died. That's definitely the saddest. Terry's death was scary IIRC.

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”