Was Jaryuki the Hakkenshi of Sirius real?

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Was Jaryuki the Hakkenshi of Sirius real?

Post by Gingaddict »

In the wolf arc, they tell a story on how the wolves came to masters the Battouga techniques by defeating and eating a dragon. But is this story real?

In my opinion I believe to be a mythical story (like Norse and Greek myths) where some events may have happened but not the way they say it did but what do you all think? Fact of Fiction... within fiction!?
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Re: Was Jaryuki the Hakkenshi of Sirius real?

Post by Digsu »

Personally, I'm not sure.

Juga claims that he was the one who came up with the entire Hakkenshi legend, which would automatically mean that every part of it - including Jaryuki's existence - was pure fiction. In addition to that, Meteor Gin suggests that is simply a creation myth and nothing else, albeit in somewhat joking fashion.

However... if Jaryuki didn't exist, then what the hell did make the wolves into what they were? We're shown that prior to the birth of the Hakkenshi, the wolves, both Gaou's and Black Wolf's packs, were fairly normal-looking - what caused their descendants to have outlandish designs and supernatural powers like Retsuga's ability to summon tornadoes, Hyouma and Goldeye's power over fog, Juga and Noroi's ability to control their manes, etc., not to mention the Battougas themselves? If the tale of Jaryuki existed on its own, told by normal wolves, there'd be little reason to doubt it wasn't a mere legend, but the fact that said tale is told by wolves who have clearly been influenced by some supernatural force lends some credence to the story. Something odd must have happened after the wolves were forced into living underground, and if it wasn't the flesh of an underground dragon demon that gave the wolves unnatural looks and powers, then what was it?

So, my guess is that it may or may not be true, but even if it's not true, then something equally as strange must have happened instead.
:tfw_aokabuto1:

Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Re: Was Jaryuki the Hakkenshi of Sirius real?

Post by Wolpard »

Im with Digsu, it's hard to say.

Though, considering how batshit insane the wolf arc is, it may as well be true.

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”