https://youtu.be/kElo8GvxtW8

The channel has all of them, but it might be taken down sooner or later
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Crisp HD GNG videos

Post by TenderVulture »

https://zoro.to/watch/ginga-nagareboshi ... 6?ep=80048

Here's a streaming link to some of the enhanced GNG videos. Unfortunately, they are not downloadable...or more accurately, I haven't figured out how to. Subtitles can be turned on or off.
Nao_Naka

Post by Nao_Naka »

TenderVulture wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:33 pm https://zoro.to/watch/ginga-nagareboshi ... 6?ep=80048

Here's a streaming link to some of the enhanced GNG videos. Unfortunately, they are not downloadable...or more accurately, I haven't figured out how to. Subtitles can be turned on or off.
Next to the CC button there's a "download" button in yellow. The problem is at least for me in ARG they download very slow. I have 300MB/s download but I get 400kb/s trying to download them ;-;
Or at least I'm getting this because of getting them from StreamSB (EP2 is only working from there, StreamTape is down).
I can't download the subs for some reason. It says "This site can’t provide a secure connection. [page] uses an unsupported protocol.". I use Opera. Didn't test it with other browser.
I'm still surprised on how crisp this is... It looks SO good! :sasukehearts:
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

Nao_Naka wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:17 pm
TenderVulture wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:33 pm https://zoro.to/watch/ginga-nagareboshi ... 6?ep=80048

Next to the CC button there's a "download" button in yellow. The problem is at least for me in ARG they download very slow. I have 300MB/s download but I get 400kb/s trying to download them ;-;
Or at least I'm getting this because of getting them from StreamSB (EP2 is only working from there, StreamTape is down).
I can't download the subs for some reason. It says "This site can’t provide a secure connection. [page] uses an unsupported protocol.". I use Opera. Didn't test it with other browser.
I'm still surprised on how crisp this is... It looks SO good! :sasukehearts:
It might be your browser - it downloads quickly for me with firefox. I get the same secure connection error when I click on the subtitles too, but the video still has the subs so I don't think you need to download that bit!

Icon by VyzWares on Twitter!
🌺 Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr 🌺
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

Sandatora wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:05 am
It might be your browser - it downloads quickly for me with firefox. I get the same secure connection error when I click on the subtitles too, but the video still has the subs so I don't think you need to download that bit!
How are you downloading them? I'm also using Firefox but when I try to download it it just send me to a bunch of shady websites.
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

TenderVulture wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:33 am
Sandatora wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:05 am
How are you downloading them? I'm also using Firefox but when I try to download it it just send me to a bunch of shady websites.
I click download, then click StreamSB's download button. It opens a new window, I pick the quality and then it has me click download on two different pages before it starts downloading. Def seems questionable but my antivirus hasn't warned me about anything and I'm halfway done getting all the episodes without any problems so far ;;

🌺 Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr 🌺
Nao_Naka

Post by Nao_Naka »

Sandatora wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:42 am I click download, then click StreamSB's download button. It opens a new window, I pick the quality and then it has me click download on two different pages before it starts downloading. Def seems questionable but my antivirus hasn't warned me about anything and I'm halfway done getting all the episodes without any problems so far ;;
I'm learning Japanese and really want to get the episodes for immersion, could you perhaps upload them to a Google Drive folder? I tried with Firefox and I still get max of 400kb/s while downloading ;-;
I thought they would be un-subbed, as the ones online have ENG subs that you can turn off. Interesting!
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

Nao_Naka wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:19 am
Sandatora wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:42 am I click download, then click StreamSB's download button. It opens a new window, I pick the quality and then it has me click download on two different pages before it starts downloading. Def seems questionable but my antivirus hasn't warned me about anything and I'm halfway done getting all the episodes without any problems so far ;;
I'm learning Japanese and really want to get the episodes for immersion, could you perhaps upload them to a Google Drive folder? I tried with Firefox and I still get max of 400kb/s while downloading ;-;
I thought they would be un-subbed, as the ones online have ENG subs that you can turn off. Interesting!
Would a folder on Mega (you can stream the files or download them there too) work for you instead? :tfw_bella2: My Google Drive, doesn't have enough space left on it.

TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

@Sandatora *chanting* MEGA! MEGA! That would work immensely.
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

Okay, I'll start working on it! It just might take me a day or two - my internet is crappy XD
I'll ask Arano if it's okay for me to post the link on the board, if not I'll PM the link to anyone that wants it when I'm done! :tfw_bella2:

aephonnie

Post by aephonnie »

if the download button is slow you can try getting the m3u8 file directly! i just tried it and it works. there are tutorials online on how to do it, personally i get the m3u8 link from the network tab and then use youtube-dl to download it
18Gingasoldier
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 18Gingasoldier »

WolfKing wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:19 pm Wow the colors are vibrant, if sometimes a little oversaturated. It looks awesome and crisp, and surely work better for photoshop than the grainy ones.

You can also notice here the color palette's different levels in saturation, namely in the episodes where they are on journey the colors are amazing (episode 9 during start, WOW) and during the battle against Akakabuto in episodes 17-21 and Daisuke's bear hunt in episode 4-5 the color palette is bleak and dreary, and adds to the tone which turns from an adventurous journey to a gritty battlefield like in a war film. The grainy Japanese version adds even more grittiness.

As a visual person, i love to analyze these kinds of details.
Can't wait to see this once I rewatch the series! I'm a big fan of "remastered" quality (aaaah you know what I mean xd), but I like the nostalgia of the grainy videos. Bet it'll be awesome :orion3:
Nao_Naka

Post by Nao_Naka »

Sandatora wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:53 am Would a folder on Mega (you can stream the files or download them there too) work for you instead? :tfw_bella2: My Google Drive, doesn't have enough space left on it.
It would be great!
I just prefer Drive because Mega limits the download of content to 1GB per day. I'm not sure how heavy each file is but maybe 200 MB each? That would mean I can download up to 5 episodes a day (taking 5 days) instead of just all of them with no restriction like Drive allows ^^
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

Nao_Naka wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:32 pm
Sandatora wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:53 am Would a folder on Mega (you can stream the files or download them there too) work for you instead? :tfw_bella2: My Google Drive, doesn't have enough space left on it.
It would be great!
I just prefer Drive because Mega limits the download of content to 1GB per day. I'm not sure how heavy each file is but maybe 200 MB each? That would mean I can download up to 5 episodes a day (taking 5 days) instead of just all of them with no restriction like Drive allows ^^
Oof I didn't know that! The whole folder is 3.50 GB and unfortunately I only have 2.10 GB left on my Drive - I don't want to remove anything since it's a backup of my art and other important things to me in case something ever happens to my USB backups. Sorry about that! :s

kvejkarn

Post by kvejkarn »

I would really appreciate a folder on Mega, Sandatora :)
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

kvejkarn wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:04 am I would really appreciate a folder on Mega, Sandatora :)
To access the section where the download link is posted, you must reach 10 posts.