Making GNG Cards

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Re: Making GNG Cards

Post by Regnant »

When is the convention? I could mail you some of the Silver Fang Network business cards! :D
Image Image
Tenrou24
Potential
Potential

Post by Tenrou24 »

If you do, point them towards the SFF's resubbed version of GNG, not the old inaccurate ones.
https://www.dailymotion.com/silverfangfanhouse
Ex-staff member of the now closed Silver Fang Fanhouse. If you want any old media from it, please send a pm.

DVT Survivor ♥

Typesetter for GDW Volumes 21-23 https://www.gingaboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=4869
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Pumpkin Wolf wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:10 pm
Tenrou24 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:04 pm If you do, point them towards the SFF's resubbed version of GNG, not the old inaccurate ones.
And will do! Thank you for pointing that out, I would have just made them suffer through like I had to :sigh: ;)
That channel doesn't seem to have all the episodes...

Otherwise, you can occasionally find good subs on Youtube but Toei seems to be adamant about taking down GNG episodes
Last edited by Arano on Fri May 10, 2019 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link removed
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Wolpard wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:04 am
Tenrou24 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:04 pm If you do, point them towards the SFF's resubbed version of GNG, not the old inaccurate ones.
And will do! Thank you for pointing that out, I would have just made them suffer through like I had to :sigh: ;)

Otherwise, you can occasionally find good subs on Youtube but Toei seems to be adamant about taking down GNG episodes
Just pointing out that is the Silver Fang Reader Vimeo. I'd probably prefer people be sent through the Reader for it so they can also see all the manga... also I don't want that Vimeo to get widely known >_> Just out of fear of them taking down the videos for copyright and all that.
Last edited by Arano on Fri May 10, 2019 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link removed
Image Image
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Regnant wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:51 pm Just pointing out that is the Silver Fang Reader Vimeo. I'd probably prefer people be sent through the Reader for it so they can also see all the manga... also I don't want that Vimeo to get widely known >_> Just out of fear of them taking down the videos for copyright and all that.
Good point...
wondering though, where would you say is the best place to send folks when you advertise the reader (since its password protected and all)? I would say here but I feel like the forum is mainly catered to folks who are already familiar with Ginga. Mainly asking 'cause I'd like a good place to send folks to get into Ginga without making the reader password public.
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Wolpard wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:51 pm
Regnant wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:51 pm Just pointing out that is the Silver Fang Reader Vimeo. I'd probably prefer people be sent through the Reader for it so they can also see all the manga... also I don't want that Vimeo to get widely known >_> Just out of fear of them taking down the videos for copyright and all that.
Good point...
wondering though, where would you say is the best place to send folks when you advertise the reader (since its password protected and all)? I would say here but I feel like the forum is mainly catered to folks who are already familiar with Ginga. Mainly asking 'cause I'd like a good place to send folks to get into Ginga without making the reader password public.
You can still send people directly to the Reader, and then as long as you aren't putting the code publicly anywhere you are free to give them the code. I'm ok with this being done as cons too, just make a note that the code shouldn't be shared anywhere public :)

There's stuff on the help page of the Reader to help people get the access code too (I added a more direct link on the login). So I'd send people directly there.
Image Image
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

I've removed the vimeo links :)

Pumpkin Wolf if it's just for basic information the best option would be to point to Regnant's Silver Fang Network page as it has everything all in one place. If you can't receive mail, perhaps instead Regnant could send you the artwork so you could print some yourself?
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Pumpkin Wolf wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:55 pm Sure, that would work! Thank you! I also think that I should keep wording to a minimum, but do you think I should also mention GDW or just keep it GNG? And thank you for taking out the link, I wouldn't want myself or anyone else to get in trouble. ^^, :tesshin:
I think you should mention Ginga as a whole tbh! I definitely think the GNG anime is the best introduction though (mainly because I feel anime is in general more accessible to most people than manga).
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Pumpkin Wolf wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:55 pm
Arano wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 6:15 pm I've removed the vimeo links :)

Pumpkin Wolf if it's just for basic information the best option would be to point to Regnant's Silver Fang Network page as it has everything all in one place. If you can't receive mail, perhaps instead Regnant could send you the artwork so you could print some yourself?
Sure, that would work! Thank you! I also think that I should keep wording to a minimum, but do you think I should also mention GDW or just keep it GNG? And thank you for taking out the link, I wouldn't want myself or anyone else to get in trouble. ^^, :tesshin:

edit: Also just to clarify, Regnant, I can pass out the code at cons? Like I can put it on the card, or verbally tell it to someone? Just want to make sure I don't break any rules
It's a pretty easy code to remember, so I think verbally would be ok. I actually have a card I made with info on it and the code that people could take a photo of if asked, so it couldn't randomly be dropped in the con. Worked really well!

I can send you the docs if you want
Image Image
Tenrou24
Potential
Potential

Post by Tenrou24 »

Wolpard wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:04 am

The other episodes can be found elsewhere, we subbed over the episodes that had terrible quality subs, the rest were okay. I've wanted to get in contact with kissanime for ages, and provide them with the good gng subs, but ive no idea how.
Ex-staff member of the now closed Silver Fang Fanhouse. If you want any old media from it, please send a pm.

DVT Survivor ♥

Typesetter for GDW Volumes 21-23 https://www.gingaboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=4869
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Pumpkin Wolf wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 2:55 am
Regnant wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 2:45 am
Pumpkin Wolf wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:55 pm

Sure, that would work! Thank you! I also think that I should keep wording to a minimum, but do you think I should also mention GDW or just keep it GNG? And thank you for taking out the link, I wouldn't want myself or anyone else to get in trouble. ^^, :tesshin:

edit: Also just to clarify, Regnant, I can pass out the code at cons? Like I can put it on the card, or verbally tell it to someone? Just want to make sure I don't break any rules
It's a pretty easy code to remember, so I think verbally would be ok. I actually have a card I made with info on it and the code that people could take a photo of if asked, so it couldn't randomly be dropped in the con. Worked really well!

I can send you the docs if you want
That would be fantastic! Do you think you could PM it to me? Thank you so much for supporting my idea ^^,
I'll gather everything for you on Monday :)
Image Image

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”