Ginga Stage - Summer 2019 Tokyo, Kobe

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Ginga Stage - Summer 2019 Tokyo, Kobe

Post by Raki »

I also bought a photoshoot book, I'll see if I can take photos and upload here! :>
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Raki wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:12 pm I also bought a photoshoot book, I'll see if I can take photos and upload here! :>
I'd love to see that!!
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Soundtrack is now available for download on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WYD9DJN/
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Shining Sirius wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:29 pm Soundtrack is now available for download on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WYD9DJN/
The English Amazon page just uses the romanized Japanese titles so here's quick translations for them (the characters performing the songs are listed there so that's why I didn't bother writing them here):

1. Tale of Battles (Tatakai no Monogatari)

2. Shooting Star Gin (Nagareboshi Gin)

3. GSD

4.Stirring Blood (Chi ga Sawagu)

5. The Ohu Army Song (Ouugun Uta)

6. Stirring Blood - Ballad Version

7. Full Moon - Time to Depart (Mangetsu - Tabidachi no Toki)

8. Rapper of Kai (Kai no Rappaa)

9. Full Moon - Time to Depart - Acoustic version

10. Shinobi

11. Last Song - A Tale Passed Down (Rasto Songu - Kararitsugu Monogatari)

Sketch-Shepherd

Post by Sketch-Shepherd »

Digsu wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:55 pm
Shining Sirius wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:29 pm Soundtrack is now available for download on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WYD9DJN/
The English Amazon page just uses the romanized Japanese titles so here's quick translations for them (the characters performing the songs are listed there so that's why I didn't bother writing them here):

1. Tale of Battles (Tatakai no Monogatari)

2. Shooting Star Gin (Nagareboshi Gin)

3. GSD

4.Stirring Blood (Chi ga Sawagu)

5. The Ohu Army Song (Ouugun Uta)

6. Stirring Blood - Ballad Version

7. Full Moon - Time to Depart (Mangetsu - Tabidachi no Toki)

8. Rapper of Kai (Kai no Rappaa)

9. Full Moon - Time to Depart - Acoustic version

10. Shinobi

11. Last Song - A Tale Passed Down (Rasto Songu - Kararitsugu Monogatari)
I have to admit I'm a little disappointed that they didn't use any of the other songs from the anime such as Hoero Gin and Shouri No Uta but my guess is probably on creative liberties or copyright issues. Just a hunch though.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

My DVD of the play arrived today so here's a brief rundown.

There's two discs, disc 1 just has a recording of the play and disc 2 has some bonus footage and a "panoramic view" version of the play (more on that in a bit).

Major story differences:
SPOILER
All in all, I really liked it. It's a shame it only covers the first half of the Akakabuto arc and that some main characters are missing, but in general it's a really nice adaptation. Also the songs and the choreographies are great.

In general, since it's an adaptation, it's fairly easy to follow even if you don't know any/much Japanese as long as you're familiar with the manga. There are a couple comic relief scenes that aren't based on anything in the source material, though.

As for the contests of disc 2:

Bonus footage (特典映像 ) is 39 minutes of footage related to the making of the play. It's mostly the cast members talking about their characters and the play in general, but there's also footage from shooting promotional photos as well as rehearsals. There's also brief footage of Takahashi himself talking about the play and he seems pretty pleased. In general it seems pretty interesting but frankly my Japanese listening comprehension skills are nowhere good enough to understand 99% of what's being said.
:tfw_orion1:

The "panoramic view" (全景映像 ) option is a recording of the play, but unlike the version on disc 1 the footage is always of the whole stage without any zooming in or different angles, ie. this version is more like what you would see if seeing the play live. For example:
SPOILER
Honestly, probably the only negative thing I can say is that the DVD, as DVDs in Japan usually are, is stupid expensive (8000 yen before shipping and import tax) so there's that
:tfw_aokabuto2:

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Thanks for the rundown Digsu! I did consider buying it but yes the price tag had me put off a bit. Quite neat that they include panoramic views as well that's really interesting.

I had no idea they only covered half the arc!
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Oh wow, Im also surprised only half of the arc is in there! Wonder why they chose that. I kind of assumed they just cut out a lot of the middle lol.
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

That… actually sounds like a bit of a letdown. What's the point in them only covering half the arc? I get that there's a lot of story to cover, but that didn't stop them in the fan-made Finish one where it actually did end with the finale battle against Akakabuto. Yes, they cut out Benizakura and the Four Heavenly Kings of Mutsu, but they still included Cross and even her showing off the newborn Ken, George and Minnie to the Ohu Army before the final battle. They really just stayed true with the fan-favourites and it worked out pretty well. So, what happened with this official production? :tfw_aokabuto1:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Shining Sirius wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:13 pm That… actually sounds like a bit of a letdown. What's the point in them only covering half the arc? I get that there's a lot of story to cover, but that didn't stop them in the fan-made Finish one where it actually did end with the finale battle against Akakabuto. Yes, they cut out Benizakura and the Four Heavenly Kings of Mutsu, but they still included Cross and even her showing off the newborn Ken, George and Minnie to the Ohu Army before the final battle. They really just stayed true with the fan-favourites and it worked out pretty well. So, what happened with this official production? :tfw_aokabuto1:
My best guess is that since the play's subtitle is "Bonds Edition", they wanted to focus more on the companionship between the Ohu dogs and the gathering of soldiers rather than the war against Akakabuto. As for why they only had such a limited amount of characters (honestly, having Hyena but relegating Sniper to a purely offscreen role is probably the weirdest one for me), maybe they wanted to or needed to keep the cast as small as possible? For what it's worth, the play still manages to be two hours long in spite of only featuring half of the Akakabuto arc.

Honestly, all things considered, both the official stage play and the Finnish fan musical have their pros and cons. The former obviously has better production values, but the latter, like you said, features the entire plot of the arc (if slightly condensed) and most of the characters and in general is really good for an amateur production.

Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Digsu wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:32 pm
Shining Sirius wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:13 pm That… actually sounds like a bit of a letdown. What's the point in them only covering half the arc? I get that there's a lot of story to cover, but that didn't stop them in the fan-made Finish one where it actually did end with the finale battle against Akakabuto. Yes, they cut out Benizakura and the Four Heavenly Kings of Mutsu, but they still included Cross and even her showing off the newborn Ken, George and Minnie to the Ohu Army before the final battle. They really just stayed true with the fan-favourites and it worked out pretty well. So, what happened with this official production? :tfw_aokabuto1:
My best guess is that since the play's subtitle is "Bonds Edition", they wanted to focus more on the companionship between the Ohu dogs and the gathering of soldiers rather than the war against Akakabuto. As for why they only had such a limited amount of characters (honestly, having Hyena but relegating Sniper to a purely offscreen role is probably the weirdest one for me), maybe they wanted to or needed to keep the cast as small as possible? For what it's worth, the play still manages to be two hours long in spite of only featuring half of the Akakabuto arc.

Honestly, all things considered, both the official stage play and the Finnish fan musical have their pros and cons. The former obviously has better production values, but the latter, like you said, features the entire plot of the arc (if slightly condensed) and most of the characters and in general is really good for an amateur production.
Was Akakabuto ever shown on stage or was he like Sniped and stayed offscreen?
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Wolpard wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:32 am Was Akakabuto ever shown on stage or was he like Sniped and stayed offscreen?
He (and bears in general) are represented by footage on the background like this.

The closest thing we get to seeing him properly onstage is the fight against one of his children who's represented by this... kinda weird steel pipe wireframe thing consisting of a head and arms.

Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Digsu wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:04 am
Wolpard wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:32 am Was Akakabuto ever shown on stage or was he like Sniped and stayed offscreen?
He (and bears in general) are represented by footage on the background like this.

The closest thing we get to seeing him properly onstage is the fight against one of his children who's represented by this... kinda weird steel pipe wireframe thing consisting of a head and arms.

Interesting! :THOT:
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Maybe it's because the show was already two hours long. I don't think that we could sit there so much longer. :tfw_orion1: I and a lot of people needed to peep efter two hours so I enjoyed the show pretty much even they didn't had full set. :orion3:

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Dolar
Potential
Potential

Post by Dolar »

I just realized the whole soundtrack is on Spotify xd
amazing <3
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

(Thanks to Tsukitora for bringing this up in the LOTPW topic!)

As announced on both the home page and the official Twitter of the play, a followup to the original stage play is in the works! It will be called Ginga Nagareboshi Gin: Gajou Kessen Hen ("Gajou Final Battle Edition") and it'll feature the final battle of GNG.

Not many details have been revealed yet, including whether it's an extended version of Kizuna Hen or a stand-alone thing, but showings will start in October and a new promo photo featuring Akakabuto was released.

Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Digsu wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:10 pm (Thanks to Tsukitora for bringing this up in the LOTPW topic!)

As announced on both the home page and the official Twitter of the play, a followup to the original stage play is in the works! It will be called Ginga Nagareboshi Gin: Gajou Kessen Hen ("Gajou Final Battle Edition") and it'll feature the final battle of GNG.

Not many details have been revealed yet, including whether it's an extended version of Kizuna Hen or a stand-alone thing, but showings will start in October and a new promo photo featuring Akakabuto was released.
Omfg, Akakabuto being played by an actual actor!

iirc the other bears were props?
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Wow that's AWESOME!!! Missed the show so much. Enjoyed it. Is it for next year?

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Raki wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:32 am Wow that's AWESOME!!! Missed the show so much. Enjoyed it. Is it for next year?
It's for this year. The site says it'll run from October 22nd to November 1st.

Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Wolpard wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:43 pm
iirc the other bears were props?
Yes they were very weird props... like they almost looked unfinished since it was basically just metal bars with claws on the end XD

I'm really excited to see this!!!
Image Image

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”