2021 Q3 Submission Themes

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.
GSDJohn
Champion
Champion

Re: 2021 Q3 Submission Themes

Post by GSDJohn »

Dragon wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:38 pm Since it was getting really close to the 1st, and I was a little confused of his suit details, I tried still making him recognizable as your John, but if he was outside the suit xP That's why he has the bright collar, arrows, and hair tuff. I was derp and saved the file in a pretty dumb way, so editing the banner might not be possible, but the chibi can be xD; If you wanna edit on the suit since you know it better than me, you can! I might draw it wrong and since this was just for fun, I don't wanna have to edit too much of it after 3 days of working on this OuO;
Oh Awesome!!! :bon2: Thanks for allowing me edit him!! Armored DTJ... Here you are!! :EXCITE: :EXCITE:

---
I even edited him into the banner! :rigel4:

Yeah, I just want DTJ to appear with his armor that badly, so I edited him into the banner! Now here's the banner with DTJ's design!! :EXCITE:
~ Image ~

TeePublic Merch

Crumble, Oreo Bastard! :hougen: 🍪

---
Banners and Papercrafts by me. Multiversal Trio Art by SoullessDog. DTJ Art by Dolan!
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

GSDJohn wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:24 am
Dragon wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:38 pm Since it was getting really close to the 1st, and I was a little confused of his suit details, I tried still making him recognizable as your John, but if he was outside the suit xP That's why he has the bright collar, arrows, and hair tuff. I was derp and saved the file in a pretty dumb way, so editing the banner might not be possible, but the chibi can be xD; If you wanna edit on the suit since you know it better than me, you can! I might draw it wrong and since this was just for fun, I don't wanna have to edit too much of it after 3 days of working on this OuO;
Oh Awesome!!! :bon2: Thanks for allowing me edit him!! Armored DTJ... Here you are!! :EXCITE: :EXCITE:

---
I even edited him into the banner! :rigel4:

Yeah, I just want DTJ to appear with his armor that badly, so I edited him into the banner! Now here's the banner with DTJ's design!! :EXCITE:
:orion4: YOU CRAZY
Ill replace my banner with that one then XD or at least say to use this one!

ImageImage
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Dragon wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:17 am Surprise secret banner is done!! >:'D
GSDJohn wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:09 pm
SoullessDog wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:07 am
Spirit Tree wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:42 pm
hey arano, can you use this version instead? O:
The Counting Game thread's highest scores!
Album of everyone's chibis!: https://imgur.com/a/UZvp87D

Not everyone plays in the thread, but recently, both threads have hit some pretty big scores! I wanted to make a banner repping that including the more frequent/recent posters xP I could only make so many, but I think I got everyone from the thread in recent times. Everyone's repped by either their icon character or signature character! Sorry for any mistakes D:

Left side
SPOILER
Right side
SPOILER
OMG THIS IS SO GOOD :tfw_akame: :nosebleed:
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Tonizerna
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Tonizerna »

Not everyone plays in the thread, but recently, both threads have hit some pretty big scores! I wanted to make a banner repping that including the more frequent/recent posters xP I could only make so many, but I think I got everyone from the thread in recent times. Everyone's repped by either their icon character or signature character! Sorry for any mistakes D:

Left side
SPOILER
Right side
SPOILER
THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL :sasukehearts: :tfw_bella2: i was so surprised to see myself there :) Thank you so much Dragon! :bon2:
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

The counting game banner is so pure :tfw_orion1: you put so much effort in!

WELL I think worm onion anything goes month was quite the success! Still a few days for last minute entries, I can't change the banners until the weekend anyway.
GSDJohn
Champion
Champion

Post by GSDJohn »

SURPRISE!!! :EXCITE: :EXCITE:

Another banner for the community!! Pixel-Art GingaBoard Users enjoying a nice time eating Pizza!! :EXCITE:

Especifically, the users featured on this banner are the users that have supported the Super Ginga War project either by participating on its tournament or commenting on the main Super Ginga War topic. This is a "Thank you" banner for you all! :EXCITE:

The idea of us GingaBoard users being reunited at a Pizzeria enjoying a good time was inspired mainly by Spirit Tree's posts about Pizza and dogs eating Pizza and SoullessDog's earlier banner suggestions about a banner showing many GingaBoard users hanging out and spending a good time together as a community. The banner of GingaBoard users hanging out is finally a thing!! Plus PIZZAS! :bon2:

The banner has quite a bunch of subtle user-specific references! :rigel4: And the arrangements of the users in the tables are fully intentional! The users featured on the tables are, from left to right:

Image Image Image First table: Raki (Retsuga), Jinto (Scarred Akame) and Trout (King Weed)

Image Image Image Second Table: Akame, Sandatora and Reno (Ozaru)

Image Image Image Third Table: Dragon (Dog Lyney), Kahooton (ChuutoraBon) and LIBRAKIND

Image Image Image Fourth Table: SoullessDog (Black-eyed Murder S), Spirit Tree (GBRiki) and GSDJohn (Devil Tyrant John)
~ Image ~

TeePublic Merch

---
Banners and Papercrafts by me. Multiversal Trio Art by SoullessDog. DTJ Art by Dolan!
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

GSDJohn wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:52 am SURPRISE!!! :EXCITE: :EXCITE:

Another banner for the community!! Pixel-Art GingaBoard Users enjoying a nice time eating Pizza!! :EXCITE:

Especifically, the users featured on this banner are the users that have supported the Super Ginga War project either by participating on its tournament or commenting on the main Super Ginga War topic. This is a "Thank you" banner four you all! :EXCITE:

The idea of us GingaBoard users being reunited at a Pizzeria enjoying a good time was inspired mainly by Spirit Tree's posts about Pizza and dogs eating Pizza and SoullessDog's earlier banner suggestions about a banner showing many GingaBoard users hanging out and spending a good time together as a community. The banner of GingaBoard users hanging out is finally a thing!! Plus PIZZAS! :bon2:

The banner has quite a bunch of subtle user-specific references! :rigel4: And the arrangements of the users in the tables are fully intentional! The users featured on the tables are, from left to right:

Image Image Image First table: Raki (Retsuga), Jinto (Scarred Akame) and Trout (King Weed)

Image Image Image Third Table: Dragon (Dog Lyney), Kahooton (ChuutoraBon) and LIBRAKIND

Image Image Image Fourth Table: SoullessDog (Black-eyed Murder S), Spirit Tree (GBRiki) and GSDJohn (Devil Tyrant John)
:sasukehearts: :sasukehearts: :sasukehearts: :sasukehearts: :sasukehearts:

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!!!!!

Happy that my pizza habit and my idea of dogs eating pizza inspired you! If this were in real life, we would all get together at a pizzeria and have a great time hanging out and eating pizza! :EXCITE:

And sometimes I do imagine myself owning a pizza place. :bon1:

Thank you for this special banner! You’re one of the best on Ginga Board! :tfw_bella2:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
SoullessDog
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by SoullessDog »

Especifically, the users featured on this banner are the users that have supported the Super Ginga War project either by participating on its tournament or commenting on the main Super Ginga War topic. This is a "Thank you" banner for you all! :EXCITE:

Dude, I did not expect a banner, much less a community banner! This is awesome!

I feel like the whole thing really captures our personalities and interests. Besides us all having a good time together, one thing in particular that really fits is Sandatora fusing Shrek and Orion.

Another thing that fits is you and I contributing to our shared AUs. I do world-building, and you bring stories to life using video games, like you did using Mario.

One last thing that I really like is Spirit Tree having a chef's hat and the place being his pizzeria. We all know that he enjoys cooking, and now he's made pizza for everyone. I wonder how his pizzas taste in real life?

-----
Banners and Sprites by GSDJohn

Photoshop Banner by Me

Multiversal Trio Art by Me
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

Oh my god this is so adorable :tfw_orion1:
Thank you for including me, my ginga sona looks so cute!!
^click me!^
My Socials
Mukonga and Hunderian banners made by me
Libra sprite made by GSDJohn and Dragon
GSDJohn
Champion
Champion

Post by GSDJohn »

Spirit Tree wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:00 am :sasukehearts: :sasukehearts: :sasukehearts: :sasukehearts: :sasukehearts:

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!!!!!

Happy that my pizza habit and my idea of dogs eating pizza inspired you! If this were in real life, we would all get together at a pizzeria and have a great time hanging out and eating pizza! :EXCITE:

And sometimes I do imagine myself owning a pizza place. :bon1:

Thank you for this special banner! You’re one of the best on Ginga Board! :tfw_bella2:
Aaaah I'm so glad you liked it so much, the whole Pizza theme being inspired in your posts!! :EXCITE: And that last comment, OMG THANK YOU :tfw_orion1: :tfw_orion1: I want you to know as well that all these banners, Papercrafts, stories and game mods I make wouldn't exist without your constant, consistent encouragement and support!! There was a time (before Soulless joined) on which you were the only person who ever commented on my Papercraft posts... And I loved your elaborate replies to them and would consistently create more and better Papercrafts looking forward for more of your comments!! Same with other projects, I even started uploading other types of content such as banners!! If I'm one of the best of GingaBoard due to all the content I make, I OWE IT TO YOU because you kept encouraging -when no one else did- and -still- keep encouraging me to upload more content!! Your input has highly marked the difference between me giving up with fancontent or me creating it often as I know that you'll always be there to receive it well! You are one of the best of GingaBoard and I'm really grateful to you and so glad that we have become good friends!! :tfw_orion1: :EXCITE: :EXCITE:
SoullessDog wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:19 am Dude, I did not expect a banner, much less a community banner! This is awesome!

I feel like the whole thing really captures our personalities and interests. Besides us all having a good time together, one thing in particular that really fits is Sandatora fusing Shrek and Orion.

Another thing that fits is you and I contributing to our shared AUs. I do world-building, and you bring stories to life using video games, like you did using Mario.

One last thing that I really like is Spirit Tree having a chef's hat and the place being his pizzeria. We all know that he enjoys cooking, and now he's made pizza for everyone. I wonder how his pizzas taste in real life?
Thank you so much, Soulless!! Always encouraging me with the things I upload as well, your input on the stuff I create is always very appreciated, especially on the multiversal chaos stuff!! Glad somebody else likes and comments on AU chaos!! :EXCITE: :EXCITE: --And thank you for noticing the subtle references!! Glad I was able to represent stuff about individual users, and yes!! That's us creating our crazy AU stories together, you doing worldbuilding [the .docx icon :DD ], me bringing our AUs into stuff such as videogames and both currently inspired [the lightbulbs] and probably working on these smiley posts from the counting game! Us three being on the same table shouldn't even require explaining: It's us Multiversal chaos creators and our main encourager Spirit Tree [and in general good friends on the board]! And that Pizza must be tasty! :bon2:
LIBRAKIND wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:52 am Oh my god this is so adorable :tfw_orion1:
Thank you for including me, my ginga sona looks so cute!!
Thank you, Librakind!! And you're welcome. I loved working on the sprites for every individual user!! :EXCITE:
~ Image ~

TeePublic Merch

---
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

SO CUTE ;O;
This makes me feel like community banners should be made a little more :tfw_rigel1: Theyre so exciting!
All the different support at each table, even the artists table is a really nice touch cx
Whos the regular Akame representing? O:

ImageImage
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

OMGGG

THIS IS SO AWESOME :tfw_akame: :bon2: :bon2:

Love this so much! Thank you so much for including us! 🥳❤❤❤

PIZZAAAAA!!
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
GSDJohn
Champion
Champion

Post by GSDJohn »

Dragon wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:59 pm SO CUTE ;O;
This makes me feel like community banners should be made a little more :tfw_rigel1: Theyre so exciting!
All the different support at each table, even the artists table is a really nice touch cx
Whos the regular Akame representing? O:
Thank you, Dragon!! :EXCITE: YEAH!! Community banners should be a thing!! Due to the effort they take and their requirement for art skills (or at least heavy editing), they won't necessarily have to be a main theme, but maybe a "bonus" theme for another month? For example:
This month's theme is GNG scenes! BONUS: You can also make community banners! Show 9 or more GingaBoard users hanging out as a tribute to the GingaBoard community!!
The extra effort on community banners is definitely worth it!! :bon2: They're a fun theme, they make the represented users happy, and people clearly love them more than regular banners!! (Just look at the amount and the content of the comments aimed at our community banners compared to the comments of every other banner!)

----
Glad you noticed the "meanings" of the character arrangements as well! :EXCITE: I actually was supposed to mention what was my thought process behind how I arranged the four groups of users and was even going to explain what they're talking about and/or planning to do, but I decided to leave it to the viewers's imagination! The meanings of the arrangements are:
SPOILER
Akame represents, well, Akame :jeromeder:. They commented on Super Ginga War and the Papercraft topic once and I needed to add a 12th user so that all tables had 3 people, so I decided to reward them for their support :bon1:
Raki wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:09 pm OMGGG

THIS IS SO AWESOME :tfw_akame: :bon2: :bon2:

Love this so much! Thank you so much for including us! 🥳❤❤❤

PIZZAAAAA!!
Thanks to you, Raki!! Glad you liked this banner as well!! :EXCITE: :EXCITE: A community banner for this awesome community, of course I'd include you here as well, your support is always much appreciated! :DD Enjoy the Pizza!! :bon2:

And thank you for using the Retsuga GIF!! :bon2:

🍕🍕🍕
~ Image ~

TeePublic Merch

---
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

oh my gosh that Shrek and Orion 😂😂 I burst out laughing and scared my pets

This is seriously so cool!!! I love all the details / references you put in for every user --- they fit spot on and the longer I look the more I notice new things :bon2: :bon2: :bon2: :bon2:
Thank you so much for including me, I love it!! <33333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

Now I need to get me some pizza

Icon by VyzWares on Twitter!
🌺 Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr 🌺
GSDJohn
Champion
Champion

Post by GSDJohn »

Sandatora wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:27 pm oh my gosh that Shrek and Orion 😂😂 I burst out laughing and scared my pets

This is seriously so cool!!! I love all the details / references you put in for every user --- they fit spot on and the longer I look the more I notice new things :bon2: :bon2: :bon2: :bon2:
Thank you so much for including me, I love it!! <33333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

Now I need to get me some pizza
Thank you so much for your comment!! :EXCITE: I loved creating this banner and the user-specific details are my way to give tribute to the individual members of the community :bon1:. The original plan was actually adding many referencey objects for every single user, but it looked to messy and unfitting for a pizzeria hang-out, so I grouped the users with things in common instead for references that can apply to all of them :rigel4: (As it should be pretty clear already, they're organized in 1. Supporters, 2. Artists and Editors, 3. Super Ginga War Artists, 4. Multiversal AU Team, from left to right)... Yet still there are a bunch of individual user specific things like the images that you're planning to use once you finish your pizza :tfw_sirius3:

--Glad you all have been appreciating this banner!! :bon1:
~ Image ~

TeePublic Merch

---
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Okay first half of the banners have been uploaded! 24 banner submissions in total and I think that might be a record... so I've split them in half so there's a better rotation. It'll be changed to the other half mid-month.

The Truly Cursed™ award goes to Sandatora and the Cats banner XD
GSDJohn
Champion
Champion

Post by GSDJohn »

Arano wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:37 pm Okay first half of the banners have been uploaded! 24 banner submissions in total and I think that might be a record... so I've split them in half so there's a better rotation. It'll be changed to the other half mid-month.
Awesome!! Aaah the AU banners are up!! :bon2: :bon2:

I was going to suggest leaving the community/multi-user banners (Counting game, Pizzeria) for all the month or at least for the last half (so that they can be enjoyed better), but it seems you already did the last thing :rigel4:.
~ Image ~

TeePublic Merch

---
PhantomWolf
Potential
Potential

Post by PhantomWolf »

Left side
SPOILER
Right side
SPOILER
OMG!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! :tfw_orion1:
made by Dragon!
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

I didn't realize that many banners were made for this month lmao
But that's awesome! Can't wait to see them all rotating this month :bon2:
^click me!^
My Socials
Mukonga and Hunderian banners made by me
Libra sprite made by GSDJohn and Dragon
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

August theme is now up, it's a GNG colouring book challenge >)

Return to “Main”