2020 Q2 Banner Submission Themes

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Re: 2020 Q2 Banner Submission Themes

Post by Arano »

Tenrou24 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:23 pm Image

https://66.media.tumblr.com/ba5f01da431 ... 0e6304.png

Uhh I hope this is Okay? I haven't done anything like this before.
I looked up what each colour on the flag meant and then put a (hopefully) relevant ginga character to it! I hoped that even if some members aren't lgbta, they could get behind the meanings of the characters.

Pink = Sex - Kisaragi, he uhhh...did have like, 19 children so
Red = Life - GB, Once he met Weed he changed his way of life and saved Weeds life at the end.
Orange = Healing - Tesshin, Magic healing herbs, poisons, hot springs and healing from his past (Kurojacki)
Yellow = Sunlight - Mel! Big yellow boy
Green = Nature - Weed! Named for the many Weeds and friends he has.
Turquoise = Magic/Art - I went for Magic, and Tenka has magic water powers.
Indigo = Serenity - Mama Cross!
Violet = Spirit - Andy is supposed to have the spirit of John, who was going to go here first.

EDIT: I hope the logo is okay too, I can change it to be grayed if needed. I thought it looked better as a solid block of colour to match the background. :EXCITE:
This was a great idea! Can I ask that the logo isn't up against the edge though? Feel free to shrink it in order to move it down :)
Reno
Friend
Friend

Post by Reno »

Man, these pride banners are looking amazing!
Image Avatar and banner done by Kasi. Sprite by GSDJohn!
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

I looked up what each colour on the flag meant and then put a (hopefully) relevant ginga character to it! I hoped that even if some members aren't lgbta, they could get behind the meanings of the characters.

Red = Life - GB, Once he met Weed he changed his way of life and saved Weeds life at the end.
Orange = Healing - Tesshin, Magic healing herbs, poisons, hot springs and healing from his past (Kurojacki)
Violet = Spirit - Andy is supposed to have the spirit of John, who was going to go here first.

EDIT: I hope the logo is okay too, I can change it to be grayed if needed. I thought it looked better as a solid block of colour to match the background. :EXCITE:
I love it! So beautiful! :sasukehearts:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Tenrou24
Potential
Potential

Post by Tenrou24 »

Arano wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:30 pm

This was a great idea! Can I ask that the logo isn't up against the edge though? Feel free to shrink it in order to move it down :)
Sure! Image

https://66.media.tumblr.com/e6c3a37eace ... 54c122.png
Ex-staff member of the now closed Silver Fang Fanhouse. If you want any old media from it, please send a pm.

DVT Survivor ♥

Typesetter for GDW Volumes 21-23 https://www.gingaboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=4869
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Tenrou24 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:27 pm
Arano wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:30 pm

Sure! Image

https://66.media.tumblr.com/e6c3a37eace ... 54c122.png
Thank you!

I'll pop these in the rotation at the weekend, there's still time if anyone wants to sneak one in.
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Arano wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:08 am I'll pop these in the rotation at the weekend, there's still time if anyone wants to sneak one in.

Is it for June or July? What are the themes? I must have missed something. The description said there is summer theme and missing mother theme.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Kaiken wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:19 pm
Arano wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:08 am I'll pop these in the rotation at the weekend, there's still time if anyone wants to sneak one in.

Is it for June or July? What are the themes? I must have missed something. The description said there is summer theme and missing mother theme.
On the previous page I added a note that I forgot it was pride month when I wrote the themes for June, so people are welcome to make a pride theme one this week or re-submit one they made last year for me to add into the June rotation :) that was all. I'll add the note to the main topic, my bad!
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Arano wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:21 pm
Kaiken wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:19 pm

On the previous page I added a note that I forgot it was pride month when I wrote the themes for June, so people are welcome to make a pride theme one this week or re-submit one they made last year for me to add into the June rotation :) that was all. I'll add the note to the main topic, my bad!
Ah, it's okay! Thanks for clarification. I'll see if I can make something too. :)
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Post by Troll Berserker »

May I throw in an obligatory Pink Dragon aka. the only confirmed queer character in Ginga?
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Oh! I have my Pink Dragon one too >0<

ImageImage
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

Those new Pride and BLM banners make me happy :)
icon by azzai
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Okay I'm super sorry this is late, but I literally only got the idea for it just now and really wanted to do it so I hope it's acceptable :tfw_orion1:

(large)

I realized that the 3rd edition GNG covers have all the colors necessary to put together a rainbow, so I did just that!

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Digsu wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:28 am Okay I'm super sorry this is late, but I literally only got the idea for it just now and really wanted to do it so I hope it's acceptable :tfw_orion1:

(large)

I realized that the 3rd edition GNG covers have all the colors necessary to put together a rainbow, so I did just that!
CLEVER! Yes I suppooooooose I could add it :rigel4:
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Tenrou24 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:27 pm
Digsu wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:28 am Okay I'm super sorry this is late, but I literally only got the idea for it just now and really wanted to do it so I hope it's acceptable :tfw_orion1:

(large)

These are SO good, guys! :tfw_rigel3:

I especially love how clever you've been, Tenrou, by choosing a character to represent each of the original 8 stripes. I kinda wanted to do something similar, but quickly realised that for all the multi-coloured dogs in this series, we don't have a purple one. :surprisegin:
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Awesome banners! :D
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3

Return to “Main”