2019 Q3 Banner Submission Themes

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Re: 2019 Q3 Banner Submission Themes

Post by Arano »

Wow this month went quick or is it just me. I'll put the August banners up tomorrow, so it's onto the GDN themes! I've been looking forward to this one...
Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

aw man, I dunno where to start with GDN XD maybe I have an idea
EDIT: okay so I went with my initial idea, which I pitched to my bf and he did not laugh.......lmao it didn't stop me at all

I'm not sure how many people with "get" this, it's a reference to Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, but it also just kinda works on its own, just not as a joke.
it's a reference to this famous line from the first manga: https://i.imgur.com/RqxNju5.png

read right to left!
:akame:
Known as ep or eraserplains, active on Bluesky and Tumblr
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Akame wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:53 am aw man, I dunno where to start with GDN XD maybe I have an idea
EDIT: okay so I went with my initial idea, which I pitched to my bf and he did not laugh.......lmao it didn't stop me at all

I'm not sure how many people with "get" this, it's a reference to Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, but it also just kinda works on its own, just not as a joke.
it's a reference to this famous line from the first manga: https://i.imgur.com/RqxNju5.png

read right to left!
Well I think its funny XD
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Akame wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:53 am aw man, I dunno where to start with GDN XD maybe I have an idea

read right to left!
I find it funny even though I don't know jojo references XD
Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

I'm glad folks like it regardless! XD I was really shot down by Ed not laughing lmaoo
:akame:
Known as ep or eraserplains, active on Bluesky and Tumblr
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Akame wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:45 pm I'm glad folks like it regardless! XD I was really shot down by Ed not laughing lmaoo
He just doesn't know the bamboozling nuances of GDN :tfw_aokabuto1:

I'm going to have to go back on my word and postpone the uploading of banners until tomorrow, I've run out of time tonight :tfw_sirius5:
VenFenrir
Recruit
Recruit

Post by VenFenrir »

read right to left!
The one JoJo's reference I would get, well that and Za Warudooooooooooooooooo! (Yes this is an appropriate number of o's to put at the end up of it from the little I have seen of Jojo's). Brilliant meme by the way.
"I beileve the reason I was born... was so that I could be here today" - Komugi
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

August banners are up!
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

read right to left!

I don't understand it at all, but the art looks really cool!
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

Here's my submission for next month! GDN themed, and based off Orion's first scene. I swear he is literally the only dog I care about right now I just want him to be happyyy :tfw_orion1:

frisbee
Recruit
Recruit

Post by frisbee »

I'm loving the new banners!
That Jojo one tho. :tfw_rigel1:
Vegas and Atlas siggy made by Mako
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

I really wanted to do a GDN banner showing the three major plotlines we've got going on right now and their central characters (Hirota and his village, Miho and her (grand)daddy issues, and Hyenoah in general) and eventually this happened.

(large)

So basically "what if GDN was a video game where you had to play through each character's story to see the whole thing" or something like that. I mostly just wanted an excuse to try and make a banner with pixel art.

Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

All these banners are so amazing!
I love how creative the fandom is!
We only have 10 chapters of GDN released and all the banners submitted so far are very different! <33
Image Image
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Digsu wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:11 pm I really wanted to do a GDN banner showing the three major plotlines we've got going on right now and their central characters (Hirota and his village, Miho and her (grand)daddy issues, and Hyenoah in general) and eventually this happened.

(large)

So basically "what if GDN was a video game where you had to play through each character's story to see the whole thing" or something like that. I mostly just wanted an excuse to try and make a banner with pixel art.
Hirota and Miho really look like siblings in your style. Nice work
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Digsu wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:11 pm I really wanted to do a GDN banner showing the three major plotlines we've got going on right now and their central characters (Hirota and his village, Miho and her (grand)daddy issues, and Hyenoah in general) and eventually this happened.

(large)

Omg I love it! :tfw_rigel3:

ImageImage
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

(large)

So cute!!
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Flanoir
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Flanoir »

The concept is great and innovative! You did very well with pixel art too.
Perhaps it needs a bit of Orion though?
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

I'm glad you guys like it~
Flanoir wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:48 pm The concept is great and innovative! You did very well with pixel art too.
Perhaps it needs a bit of Orion though?
I did consider putting Orion there, but I wanted the focus to be on the new characters so I ended up leaving him out.

Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

(large)

:tfw_akame:
This is magnificent, Digsu! :star:_:star:
I am in love with this classic-arcade-era style you've used here. :heart:
Clifford looks menacing as Hell, too. I think this may be the first time I've actually wanted to buy a physical copy of a GB banner as a poster or something. X_X
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

I really just wanted to draw the characters being happy so that's exactly what I drew XD
It was hard for me to decide if I wanted to do Hyena/Noa with the old anime design or with his manga design.

*EDIT
The image link keeps breaking rip
I'll also add another link now that I changed the hosting site

Link
Last edited by Leomonade on Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image

Return to “Main”