RPG Forum Poll And Suggestions.

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.

What time period would you like to RPG to be in?

You may select 1 option

View results

Astor
Comrade
Comrade

RPG Forum Poll And Suggestions.

Post by Astor »

Hello everyone!
Gingastar, Arano, Regnant and I have been working on various parts of the new RPG section of the forum. We don’t know exactly when it’ll be live, but we want your opinions and suggestions!

Our main question is that we want to know what time period you would like the RPG to take place in. We plan to write a basic plot to happen in the background which you are welcome to use or write your own plot.

We’re planning on implementing a points system which will be entirely managed by us as mods, so you don’t have to worry about it, just enjoy it as an extra. It’ll be more obvious when we open the section up with the rules etc. Your stat points will increase depending on things you do, like winning an argument for example, might give a point to your charisma stat.

Overall, I want to know what YOU want to see in the roleplay. What weapons and items would you like to see appear? Do you have ideas for the plot? NPCS? We are hoping to have a ‘move tutor’ character who will train your OC. Your oc can then use these moves in the roleplay vs other characters and enemies. Is there any other mechanics you’d be interested in?
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Re: RPG Forum Poll And Suggestions.

Post by Tsukitora »

I personally think setting it at just one specific time setting would be just too exlcusive, not to mention an 'after TLW' setting, as best as it sounds, could easily get put off by events in the next Ginga work. if you guys have enough time and resources, maybe create multiple flavors for members to optionally join from some of the poll options, such as GNG-GDW, post-TLW, maybe even custom Packs/settings whatever? That way for the latter idea, we could also do an Ohu army-esque Packs set in American, Scandinavian, or African wilderness. That would be cool imo XD

For time-setting, I'd have to say I'm mostly interested in post-TLW time setting, although like I mentioned I have concerns towards problems with that later on. Maybe most of the major and unforgotten characters of canon could be NPCs to avoid mass claim-a-charrie drama or eventual inaccuracy to canon events, while more minor and forgotten ones like Shigure and Takeshi could be claimable by active forumers.

For plot and character ideas I think it'd be cool to have previous villains lacking closure make appearances and stir up trouble like Lector and Thunder, Kosetsu, etc. New subplots involving more kin of Akakabuto/Monsoon who weren't part of the latter's 'army' might be interesting as well, along with Ohu's allies in Mutsu, Hokkaido, etc, as well as any new OCs with cool subplots the community can come up with. :)
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Astor
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Astor »

Bumping this again. We’re really getting the RPG forum underway so we’d love a final verdict on this!

I’d also love for us to bring back some older characters who haven’t had closure, so hopefully that’s something we can do!
Rusty
Victor
Victor

Post by Rusty »

I personally voted for between GNG and GDW. Only because with the changing of titles and generations there's more to work with character wise imo.

I'm fine with whatever though :) just my 2/c
icon by dolan
Astor
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Astor »

Thanks everyone for your responses! We’ve taken it all into account, and we’re happy to announce that we’ll have sections for multiple timelines!

Return to “Main”