New RPG Forum under development

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

New RPG Forum under development

Post by Arano »

An RPG forum has been spotted in the wild in the Members forum area!
EDIT: This has now been hidden to general members and will re-appear when the forum is ready!

I opened applications for RPG devs back in January, and the poll for whether people wanted an RPG section was 50/50. I left it for a while and was going to leave it entirely as there wasn't much interest, but decided in the end to give the task to Astor, who is going to team up with Gingastar!

Thank you to Kaiken and DakotaTheGSD for also applying :)

The forum will be accessible to everyone once it is complete, stay tuned!
Astor
Comrade
Comrade

Re: New RPG Forum under development

Post by Astor »

Just to update on Arano’s post, the development was delayed while I wasn’t well (hospital trips and all). HOWEVER!
Star and I have finally began focusing on the development of the RPG section! We have decided on some solid mechanics that we hope you’ll all enjoy to give the roleplay a bit more fleshing out. We’re all very excited :D
Starstriker-K9

Post by Starstriker-K9 »

Arano wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:10 pm An RPG forum has been spotted in the wild in the Members forum area!

I opened applications for RPG devs back in January, and the poll for whether people wanted an RPG section was 50/50. I left it for a while and was going to leave it entirely as there wasn't much interest, but decided in the end to give the task to Astor, who is going to team up with Gingastar!

Thank you to Kaiken and DakotaTheGSD for also applying :)

The forum will be accessible to everyone once it is complete, stay tuned!

Oh my! I can’t wait! :EXCITE:
• 犬子犬 · ᵏ⁹
i am Inukoinu!
she · they | feral gay loser | p5 nerd

ImageImage
𓃦 carrd
DakotaTheGSD

Post by DakotaTheGSD »

Yay! I am so excited to see where this goes! I hope some sort of Art & or point system is involved. I would love to make art and draw ocs for upgrades or cool suff, Idk lol. Regular story RPs are just as fun too, I'm excited to see it's first appearance!
:john: "Even if I have lost this body, my soul will live once again with my comrades." :gdwjohn: ~ John, manga
Astor
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Astor »

DakotaTheGSD wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:56 pm Yay! I am so excited to see where this goes! I hope some sort of Art & or point system is involved. I would love to make art and draw ocs for upgrades or cool suff, Idk lol. Regular story RPs are just as fun too, I'm excited to see it's first appearance!
I hope you’ll be pleasantly surprised ;)
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

I haven't RP'd in a long, long time. Excited to see how it turns out! That unread notification is driving me crazy, can't wait. :EXCITE:
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

I’m so glad you are all looking forward to the rpg section!! :D
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Banners by me and Sandatora!
frisbee
Recruit
Recruit

Post by frisbee »

Congrats Astor and Gingastar!
This is so cool! I'm super excited for an official rp section! You guys are awesome! :D
Vegas and Atlas siggy made by Mako
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Question- will there be a place for us to create pre-determined character relationships with other users? Eg. if we wanted our character to have a sibling without playing them both.
Astor
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Astor »

Wolpard wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:35 pm Question- will there be a place for us to create pre-determined character relationships with other users? Eg. if we wanted our character to have a sibling without playing them both.
There is a general discussion area, so you’re free to use it however you wish!
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Astor wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:38 pm
Wolpard wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:35 pm Question- will there be a place for us to create pre-determined character relationships with other users? Eg. if we wanted our character to have a sibling without playing them both.
There is a general discussion area, so you’re free to use it however you wish!
Awesome, thanks!
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Post by Troll Berserker »

Another question(s):
- Will there be playable canon characters (like on previous GB they were kinda "exclusive" and had their players).
- Will there be a posibility for an OC to be related to canon character?
- Will there be a posibility for an OC to be involved with canon character(not related, but friends, enemies etc.)?
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

Troll Berserker wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:31 am Another question(s):
- Will there be playable canon characters (like on previous GB they were kinda "exclusive" and had their players).
- Will there be a posibility for an OC to be related to canon character?
- Will there be a posibility for an OC to be involved with canon character(not related, but friends, enemies etc.)?
Hey there! :D

1. Yep! Canon characters will be playable! Members will be allowed to claim canon characters via a topic in the RPG section.

2. Yes! We allow for OCs to be related to canon characters. However, in regards to offspring we will say that characters who already have offspring in the series (for example Weed, Gin, Jerome), will not be allowed to be given offspring that are OCs. Characters without any known offspring in the series though (for example, Smith, Tesshin, Mel) will be accepted for having offspring that are OCS.

This also applies to giving characters siblings, in which characters that have no known siblings, or siblings that were never named/had a spot in the story, such as Mel’s siblings and Ken’s siblings from Cross’ first litter, are allowed.

3. Yes! OCs can certainly be friends/enemies with canon characters!
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Gingastar wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:04 pm 1. Yep! Canon characters will be playable! Members will be allowed to claim canon characters via a topic in the RPG section.
I had no idea we would be able to claim canon characters. Is it first come first served, or will there be a system to decide who can play who? I'm just worried about disputes happening over certain characters, popular ones (eg. Gin, Akame, Kyoshiou, Tesshin, etc) especially.
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Post by Troll Berserker »

Gingastar wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:04 pm 2. Yes! We allow for OCs to be related to canon characters. However, in regards to offspring we will say that characters who already have offspring in the series (for example Weed, Gin, Jerome), will not be allowed to be given offspring that are OCs. Characters without any known offspring in the series though (for example, Smith, Tesshin, Mel) will be accepted for having offspring that are OCS.
Cool. I would like to include some of my characters but I didn't want to forcefuly change their relations. Yay.
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Sounds really cool but I don't exactly know what RPG is? Can anyone explain it for me? :)
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
blivery
Potential
Potential

Post by blivery »

I'm wondering too.

Do I understand it right that there's a ginga game in progress? I somehow don't really understand. I know what RPG is, but I don't get it though...
Rusty
Victor
Victor

Post by Rusty »

Raki wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:59 am Sounds really cool but I don't exactly know what RPG is? Can anyone explain it for me? :)
RPG means Role Playing Game. Basically you make a character and you role play with them in a story/comic/game etc. Think like Skyrim :)
icon by dolan
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Rusty wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:34 am
Raki wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:59 am Sounds really cool but I don't exactly know what RPG is? Can anyone explain it for me? :)
RPG means Role Playing Game. Basically you make a character and you role play with them in a story/comic/game etc. Think like Skyrim :)
Ohhh thank you!! Sounds really cool 😃
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

Apologies for the delayed response!
Wolpard wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:50 am
Gingastar wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:04 pm 1. Yep! Canon characters will be playable! Members will be allowed to claim canon characters via a topic in the RPG section.
I had no idea we would be able to claim canon characters. Is it first come first served, or will there be a system to decide who can play who? I'm just worried about disputes happening over certain characters, popular ones (eg. Gin, Akame, Kyoshiou, Tesshin, etc) especially.

Yes, characters will be first come first serve via a topic that will be created for claiming characters. However, the number of canon characters members can claim will be limited to avoid canon character hoarding. So in the event that someone has already claimed a character, there should be plenty of other characters to go around for anyone who would like to play someone :)

We also think this Board is rather good in getting along with one another, so I doubt that any big disputes will arise over canon character claiming. :EXCITE:
blivery wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:40 am I'm wondering too.

Do I understand it right that there's a ginga game in progress? I somehow don't really understand. I know what RPG is, but I don't get it though...
No, not a literal (video) game unfortunately, but the kind of Role Play Game in which you create a character (in this case it could be a Ginga OC, for example) and write about them in an overarching story alongside other members who you are roleplaying with and taking turns responding too!

This topic is an excellent example of a Roleplay, and a Ginga one at that as we were using Ginga OCs!
https://www.gingaboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=105&t=1500

Keep in mind though that everyone has their own styles of RP responses! Some people have short replies, some people like writing long replies! The RPG section is great for any level of RPing, whether you're a beginner Role Player or an experienced RPer! :D

I hope that answered your question!
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt

Return to “Main”