2020 Q1 Banner Submission Themes

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

2020 Q1 Banner Submission Themes

Post by Arano »

If you'd like to design a banner for the board, below are the themes for the first quarter of 2020 for you to choose from! For inspiration, see our banner design archive.

There is no competition, so all banners submitted will be used in random rotation as per the current ones in their designated month. You can create as many banners as you like and if you want to make a banner for all 3 rounds you are of course free to do so :)

Design instructions and how to submit your banners are below the theme details.

January Theme: Staff Picks!
Crystal, Kasi and I will be picking our favourites from 2019 to pepper through the month!

February Theme Choices: Deadline end of January Feb 2nd
Love :sasukehearts: - Romantic, platonic (eg best friends) or familial love. Fan ships are also allowed in this theme![/size]

March Theme Choices: Deadline end of February
Gaiden: Characters from the Gaiden series, eg from Karadaki no Tomon, Benizakura Hen, Lonley Ron, Namonaki Inu no Uta etc...
Spring & Flowers: March is the time for new flowers and cherry blossoms - this theme is perfect for Benizakura fans!

Banner Creation info/rules:

Design your banner(s) at 1,800px wide by 394px tall at 72dpi.
  • If you have photoshop/GIMP, you can download a template here.
  • If you use any other program click here to download the Ginga Board Logo.
  • The logo does not have to be centered horizontally, it can go anywhere in the space as long as the size stays the same. You are allowed to alter the colour.
  • There will be a credit box added with your name to either end of the banner where space allows (as the current banners show). Please be mindful of this and make sure you leave space at one end.
  • You can use images from the Free Image Gallery/scans of your own or draw the characters yourself. If you draw it yourself, you may include your artist signature in the corner, but otherwise please design the banner free of any text.
How to submit your banner design:

Submit your banner design by uploading it to a hosting site like imgur and posting it in a reply in this topic.
Please save your file as a high res JPEG or a PNG.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Re: 2020 Q1 Banner Submission Themes

Post by Arano »

Hey guys! New year, new banners. January is covered, but Feb and March themes haven't been thought out yet. If you have an idea of a theme or perhaps a type of banner you really want to make, please comment here!
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Love the idea for a Staff's Favourites month in January, Arano. Can't wait to see what Crystal, Kasi and yourself choose! :tfw_bella2:

I know it's a pretty standard idea for February, but I'd like to cast my vote for a Love theme - romantic love, platonic love, familial love. :heart:

As for March, I see that we haven't had a Gaiden/Side Stories theme yet. How about characters from/as they appear in the Gaiden/additional comics? For example; Ref from Namonaki Inu no Uta, Tomon from Karadaki no Tomon and Benizakura from his Hen? Just food for thought. :surprisegin:
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Ooohh, I like Shining Sirius's idea for the Gaiden/Side theme.

Also I know we had love last February, but I would be down to do a general loving relationships theme.
Tenrou24
Potential
Potential

Post by Tenrou24 »

A general love theme for February would be cool, but we could expand that into best friends too?

Some ideas;
- Forgotten characters/minor characters month
- Breed specific month or character specific
- Koga vs Iga or general faction v faction
- Weather specific? Like snowy/stormy/rainy/sunny? or season specific, summery/spring/wintry
- April has to be another april fools/joke/meme theme
Ex-staff member of the now closed Silver Fang Fanhouse. If you want any old media from it, please send a pm.

DVT Survivor ♥

Typesetter for GDW Volumes 21-23 https://www.gingaboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=4869
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

I really like Tenrou’s Weather Specific theme!

Suggestion for April:

A joke/meme theme is always great!

We could also maybe include a theme where members can draw (or edit/recolor) Ginga characters into looking like other animals (I.e: Gin as a Lion, Hyena as a Hyena, Etc).
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Kin banner by Sandatora
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Thanks for the ideas guys!

Staff picks are now in rotation, there's 20 of them and you'd think with so many to choose from we wouldn't have overlapped that much, and we didn't... apart from two banners which all 3 of us picked; Mellow and Leomonade you're our champions! XD

Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Post by Troll Berserker »

Tenrou24 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:17 pm - Weather specific? Like snowy/stormy/rainy/sunny? or season specific, summery/spring/wintry
A seasonal theme sounds really fun to make :) Maybe one for srping/cherry blossom flowers one? Benizakura and Sakura could fit in there :P
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Wah I completely forgot to update this! Themes are now posted, I'm keeping the other suggestions for later quarters, thanks everyone ;)

February's theme has obviously got to be love, and the deadline for this is February 2nd. Hopefully two weeks is enough time for people to make the banners in (I dropped the ball, sorry!).
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Ooh, exciting to see the Q1 themes made official. Can't wait to see some more lovely banners! :tfw_bella2:

Also, I noticed that the 2019 November/December banners aren't up on the archive thread. Is that just due to limitations on how many pictures can be made in one post or on a thread as a whole?
Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose »

Since the theme is "love" I decided to do Weed and Koyuki before he forgot about her in TLW and GDN

I listened to "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" while drawing this ; D
The Gay Jackalope

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Hyzenthlay Rose wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:27 am Since the theme is "love" I decided to do Weed and Koyuki before he forgot about her in TLW and GDN

Love it! What a way to get started on the Love theme! Can’t wait to see what more that might come.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Hyzenthlay Rose wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:27 am Since the theme is "love" I decided to do Weed and Koyuki before he forgot about her in TLW and GDN

So cute! Hah maybe we should have a "last appearances" graveyard topic for characters who just... *poof* gone
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Arano wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:22 pm Hah maybe we should have a "last appearances" graveyard topic for characters who just... *poof* gone
YES! Would be awesome to see that kind of banners ^^
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

sooooooo adorable...
icon by azzai
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

"Fan ships are also allowed in this theme" CHALLENGE ACCEPTED :P4:

It's my headcanon that Maxim started a family some time after the Russian dogs arc and these random(?) dogs shown in the epilogue of the arc are actually his mate and puppies, so...

(large)

Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

https://i.imgur.com/q668twE.png

This was necessaryyyyy. I'm so glad I got to make a banner for them finally :rigel4:

ImageImage
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Digsu wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:05 am "Fan ships are also allowed in this theme" CHALLENGE ACCEPTED :P4:

It's my headcanon that Maxim started a family some time after the Russian dogs arc and these random(?) dogs shown in the epilogue of the arc are actually his mate and puppies, so...

(large)
What a nice idea! Didn’t think that Maxim would have an eventual mate. But that’s really great! :tfw_rigel3:
Dragon wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:07 am Image

This was necessaryyyyy. I'm so glad I got to make a banner for them finally :rigel4:
Very lovely! It looks real beautiful! :sasukehearts:

Maybe I should learn to create a banner one day! I need to install a certain useful program on my computer, though. I suppose adobe photoshop is the right option?

But I’m missing Wi-Fi at my house. When I begin creating income, I think I should install Wi-Fi. Until then, I get Wi-Fi at my public library a lot. Talk about disadvantage. :tfw_sirius5:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

:tfw_orion1: What sweet banners so far!!!
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Dragon wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:07 am Image

How dare you do this to my heart :tfw_orion1:

Return to “Main”