Silver Fang Magazine [ISSUE 7, December 2023]

Talk about the Silver Fang Network sites such as GingaMerch, Ginga Wiki, and Ohu Dogs!
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Re: Silver Fang Magazine [Issue 1 now available! Submissions OPEN]

Post by Regnant »

Reno wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:50 pm Looks so cool I just watch the video. I order mine but it was supposed to be here the 6th. Been gone forever and no updates and I looked everywhere. Got an error on the tracking too but the magazine looks very nice. I am just gonna download it instead
I'd contact Blurb for help with the tracking. Everything is ordered/shipped directly through them and I don't have access to any order info besides numbers and stats (no individual person info or anything like that).
Image Image
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

Reno wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:50 pm Looks so cool I just watch the video. I order mine but it was supposed to be here the 6th. Been gone forever and no updates and I looked everywhere. Got an error on the tracking too but the magazine looks very nice. I am just gonna download it instead
Awh man, I hope nothing went wrong!
Mine was scheduled for the 6th too but I got mine on time.

Would definitely ask Blurb about it
^click me!^
My Socials
Mukonga and Hunderian banners made by me
Libra sprite made by GSDJohn and Dragon
GSDJohn
Champion
Champion

Post by GSDJohn »

I'd like to announce that I'm making a simple but hopefully fun 1 vs 1 Ginga board game that I will submit to the magazine! :EXCITE:

Here's a sneak peek, the board!: One player will be a hero leader (Gin or Riki), the other player will be a villain leader (Hougen or Sniper), and there are pack members, health points and dice involved! What will the gameplay be like? You'll know that later! :EXCITE:

----
I'd like to ask for an opinion here. In which of the drawings Gin's eyes look better? (These will be used for the playable character pieces)
A- Image
B- Image
~ Image ~

TeePublic Merch

Crumble, Oreo Bastard! :hougen: 🍪

---
Banners and Papercrafts by me. Multiversal Trio Art by SoullessDog. DTJ Art by Dolan!
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

GSDJohn wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:54 am I'd like to announce that I'm making a simple but hopefully fun 1 vs 1 Ginga board game that I will submit to the magazine! :EXCITE:

Here's a sneak peek, the board!: One player will be a hero leader (Gin or Riki), the other player will be a villain leader (Hougen or Sniper), and there are pack members, health points and dice involved! What will the gameplay be like? You'll know that later! :EXCITE:

----
I'd like to ask for an opinion here. In which of the drawings Gin's eyes look better? (These will be used for the playable character pieces)
A- Image
B- Image
Dude, that’s an amazing idea! :EXCITE:

I think B looks good.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
GSDJohn
Champion
Champion

Post by GSDJohn »

Okay, I just finished the game, but... maybe it's too long for a magazine activity? :Koyukisweat:. The game takes 9 pages, well, the game itself only takes 2 pages (the page with the board and the sheet that contains the pieces), but of course it needs instructions, and the instructions are 7 pages long (mostly due to there being 16 allies with different stats and skills and there being a separate explanation for each one). Not sure if I should submit this to the magazine, it's not like there was an specified page limit but all the other activities of the previous magazine are 1-page activities, so...

---
Here's what the complete game + instructions looks like:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DU_gck ... sp=sharing
~ Image ~

TeePublic Merch

---
Banners and Papercrafts by me. Multiversal Trio Art by SoullessDog. DTJ Art by Dolan!
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

GSDJohn wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:22 pm Okay, I just finished the game, but... maybe it's too long for a magazine activity? :Koyukisweat:. The game takes 9 pages, well, the game itself only takes 2 pages (the page with the board and the sheet that contains the pieces), but of course it needs instructions, and the instructions are 7 pages long (mostly due to there being 16 allies with different stats and skills and there being a separate explanation for each one). Not sure if I should submit this to the magazine, it's not like there was an specified page limit but all the other activities of the previous magazine are 1-page activities, so...

---
Oh damn, this is so in depth! :EXCITE: That so cool! But yeah, it's probably too long for the magazine xD

Nice job John!
^click me!^
My Socials
Mukonga and Hunderian banners made by me
Libra sprite made by GSDJohn and Dragon
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

GSDJohn wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:22 pm Okay, I just finished the game, but... maybe it's too long for a magazine activity? :Koyukisweat:. The game takes 9 pages, well, the game itself only takes 2 pages (the page with the board and the sheet that contains the pieces), but of course it needs instructions, and the instructions are 7 pages long (mostly due to there being 16 allies with different stats and skills and there being a separate explanation for each one). Not sure if I should submit this to the magazine, it's not like there was an specified page limit but all the other activities of the previous magazine are 1-page activities, so...

---
Maybe the instructions can be something offered online only? Like the physical magazine can direct to a link that has all the instructions
GSDJohn
Champion
Champion

Post by GSDJohn »

Wolpard wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:56 am Maybe the instructions can be something offered online only? Like the physical magazine can direct to a link that has all the instructions
Ah, yeah, that's a great idea!!

I'll be submitting this game to the magazine, then! :EXCITE:
~ Image ~

TeePublic Merch

---
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

GSDJohn wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:54 am I'd like to announce that I'm making a simple but hopefully fun 1 vs 1 Ginga board game that I will submit to the magazine! :EXCITE:

----
A- Image
B- Image
Oh my gosh this is amazing!!!

I can definitely find a way to have it fit!
Image Image
GSDJohn
Champion
Champion

Post by GSDJohn »

Regnant wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:33 pm Oh my gosh this is amazing!!!

I can definitely find a way to have it fit!
YAAAAS!! :EXCITE: :EXCITE:

--I'll edit the submission as I decided to add 4 new characters! :EXCITE:.
Image Akatora: 2 ATK, 2 HP. A new all-around character (now John isn't the only one).

Image Chutora: 1 ATK, 3 HP. A new defense oriented character. Same stats as Weed and Blue, but no special abilities.

Image Kurotora: 1 ATK, 2 HP. A new tactical character. His attack power increases to 3 if there is another Kai brother on the team.

Image Hakuro: 2 ATK, 1 HP. A new attack oriented character. He has an special ability, "Luck Slayer": if you attack your opponent with Hakuro, they will be forced to move only 1 space Edit: oh wait this is too powerful roll only 1 die on their next turn HOAHAHASHAHASHHFKFKPV :hakuro:

Plus there was blank space on the lower part of the pieces page, the 4 new characters now filled the blank space :EXCITE:

:akatora: :chutora: :kurotora: :hakuro:

-If you have two Kais in your team they both get a boost on their attack stat (Kurotora benefiting the most from this). As for Hakuro, he gets an stat boost if you have another Husky (Kisaragi or Nero) in your team.

New PDF with the Kais and Hakuro:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cZ8YtR ... sp=sharing
~ Image ~

TeePublic Merch

---
Celloco

Post by Celloco »

This is so cool! I'll have to remember to submit some art at some point :orion3:
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Submissions are still open for issue 2! https://silverfangnetwork.com/magazine/

Deadline is June 1. We'd love to see another article or two get submitted for this issue if anyone has the time to write up a quick one (anything relating to Ginga, dogs, manga/anime, etc)
Image Image
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Enjoy a little cover preview by Gingastar, and a reminder to get your issue 2 submissions in by June 1st!!!

Image Image
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

omggg I must finish my art!
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Regnant wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:15 pm Enjoy a little cover preview by Gingastar, and a reminder to get your issue 2 submissions in by June 1st!!!

Looking awesome! I can’t wait to see the entire thing soon. :tfw_rigel3:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

So exciting! Cant wait to order a copy!
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Time for me to get to work compiling everything and choosing entries!!! If you missed out on submitting for this issue, entries for issue 3 are now open until December 1st!

Here's a look at the full cover art for issue 2, by Gingastar!
Image Image
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

That cover looks so great! I also can’t wait to see what will be inside! :EXCITE:
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Re: Silver Fang Magazine [Issue 2 now available!]

Post by Regnant »

Issue 2 is now available!!!

You can find the digital PDF (free) or the print copy ($6.79) on https://silverfangnetwork.com/magazine/, as well as the previous issue!

This issue contains the following:
- "Interview with Red Shark" by Regnant
- "The Tibetan Dog" by Ray
- "Frequently Asked Questions of a Kai Ken Owner" by Astor
- "Stray (Chapters 1 & 2)" by SENTŌ INU
- Activities by GSDJohn, DeguArts
- Artwork by Gingastar, Dee, FenrisUlvenn, HeckHound Studio, SnowWolpard, Wolfy Star Warrior

I hope you enjoy!!! And don't forget to submit for our next issue as well (due December 1st)!

Note about Table of Contents: This was requested after our first issue was released. However after trying for a few hours to figure out how to get this to work without any purchased editing software, or Blurb's own software which was incredibly unfriendly to use, I decided to leave this out. With the small size of the books (both at only 24 pages so far), I opted instead to list the contents of each on the website if you wish to go back and reference which issue had which items. I will continue to research other options for free editing software, or if someone with proper software would like to lend a hand every 6 months that'd be fabulous.
Image Image
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Silver Fang Magazine [Issue 2 now available!]

Post by Spirit Tree »

I just examined the contents! The magazine looks fantastic! Thank you, Regnant. :tfw_bella2:

However, I do hope that the next part or two of my fanfiction will appear in the next issue. But it’s fine if it doesn’t. :)

Return to “Silver Fang Network”