Munichika Breed Headcanons

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
Akame
Legend
Legend

Munichika Breed Headcanons

Post by Akame »

Munechika is becoming a vocal character in the latest chapters of GDN, so I wondered if we had any headcanons about him, or his family, as far as possible dog breeds go?

Do we think he’s simply a mutt, mixed breed? Or does he seem like a specific type to you? :THOT:

I feel like a pretty boring answer would be Labrador Retriever, since they’re so common (IRL) and we already have Lenny and Mer/Mel. Does anybody have a more interesting suggestion? I’d love it if we all came to an agreement, I love it when the board comes to a unanimous decision of this kind of thing.
avatar drawn by my friend YerLakar on twitter
sorry for my infrequent visits! am working on it
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Re: Munichika Breed Headcanons

Post by Digsu »

I know this is probably a bit silly, but my headcanon is that he's somehow related to Akame because he has the exact same face as him plus small forehead spots, similar to Shirozaru. My theory is that he's another descendant of the Iga dogs who were taken to live with humans pre-GNG, he (or Akame) just doesn't know it.

So naturally that means I think he's a Kishu mix of some sort.

Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Maybe a mix of labrador and kishu! Since he has cute floppy ears <3
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

Labrador retriever to me, rudder tail is a biggie, dunno about colour, if he turns out to be pure white I would think a lab mix then. Not tooooo boring to me in a Manga heavy of Kishu, Akita and shepherds, Mel and Lenny were Golden retrievers.

Edit: just noticed the head dots. Going with lab mix.
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

I personally love the idea that he could be a Shikoku Ken/Yellow Labrador or a Hokkaido Ken/Lab mix. 🤍
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

I do like the idea of him being a Kishu mix because his face looks so much like the Iga dogs. Lab x Kishu is a good mix! But I like the idea of him also being a bit of a supermutt. :p

Honestly I feel like we need more "supermutt" characters in Ginga because they are feral dogs...
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Akame wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:08 pm I feel like a pretty boring answer would be Labrador Retriever, since they’re so common (IRL) and we already have Lenny and Mer/Mel. Does anybody have a more interesting suggestion? I’d love it if we all came to an agreement, I love it when the board comes to a unanimous decision of this kind of thing.
Mel is actually a golden retriever o:! So if Munechika ever gets confirmed as a Lab, he might be one of the first mains to be one.
Him having the same face as Akame is kinda ... suspicious. Not everyone gets that face style unless they're special >.> So he might be a Lab mix. His wife also looks like a lab or retriever, cause she's kinda thicker than him if I'm remembering right.

ImageImage
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

I'm just going with a plain yellow Labrador Retriever. He has the body of one, plus I've seen pictures of yellow labs with dots over their eyes (Though Mune's dots look a bit darker than they should...).
Nara
Potential
Potential

Post by Nara »

Until a colour image or an actual breed mention proves me otherwise I'm gonna go with a white Labrador. Yes, those exist. The gene "recessive red" that causes the classic yellow Labrador colouring comes in various shades, ranging from almost pure white to deep red.

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”