Out of the characters currently alive, who do you wish was more relevant?

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
Knight
Potential
Potential

Out of the characters currently alive, who do you wish was more relevant?

Post by Knight »

Even if they're pretty relevant, it could be turning someone into a main, someone who used be very relevant but not anymore gaining relevancy again, or turning a background character into a regular, anything like that.

Personally, I would like it if Bella could finally get the screentime she ✧deserves✧
  ─────────── ʏᴀᴋsʜᴀ :john:
//art by Dragon
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Re: Out of the characters currently alive, who do you wish was more relevant?

Post by Leomonade »

Bella and Rigel!
the idiot brothers have had more than enough screen time! It's time for the other two to take the spotlight!
Image Image
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Jerome * 3*
I really miss him being more main. I know people are tired of his suicide adventure in GDW, but he actually lost his whole happiness in TLW and what do we get for character development?
......dead air.
Jerome tells Sirius he can never forgive Monsoon for what he's done because of the pain, but...we don't see a lot of focus on how it's effecting him in his mind because the series has taken a weird turn to focusing only on Sirius's and Orion's feelings and no one else's. I hate it... those who had inner turmoil no longer matter, despite all these events effecting everyone.

ImageImage
Knight
Potential
Potential

Post by Knight »

Leomonade wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:30 am Bella and Rigel!
the idiot brothers have had more than enough screen time! It's time for the other two to take the spotlight!
I'd really like to see more Rigel too! it'd be cool if the next arc after TLW swapped over to the other two instead. seems like a shame they didn't.
Dragon wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:07 am Jerome * 3*
I really miss him being more main. I know people are tired of his suicide adventure in GDW, but he actually lost his whole happiness in TLW and what do we get for character development?
......dead air.
Jerome tells Sirius he can never forgive Monsoon for what he's done because of the pain, but...we don't see a lot of focus on how it's effecting him in his mind because the series has taken a weird turn to focusing only on Sirius's and Orion's feelings and no one else's. I hate it... those who had inner turmoil no longer matter, despite all these events effecting everyone.
this is a good point D: in general really. I'd like to see more perspectives cri
  ─────────── ʏᴀᴋsʜᴀ :john:
//art by Dragon
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Knight wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:58 am
Leomonade wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:30 am Bella and Rigel!
I'd really like to see more Rigel too! it'd be cool if the next arc after TLW swapped over to the other two instead. seems like a shame they didn't.
That would've been geniuusss ;o;

ImageImage
Eclipse-Wolven
Legend
Legend

Post by Eclipse-Wolven »

Dragon wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:07 am Jerome * 3*
......dead air.
Hard agree on this one. Jerome's struggles after Lydia's death should've been covered more.

Other than him I would definitely say Rigel. I've been advocating giving him a bigger role ever since the very beginning of TLW. :tfw_rigel1:
Banner by Kairi292 & Avatar by Kasi

My stories (on FF.net):
Ginga Densetsu Weed: Dark Legend
The Chronicles Of Ohu

For he today who sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother...
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Honestly? All the younger characters still alive (last we saw them, at least)... :heizo: :tyson: :shirozaru: :rara: :muu: :gdwokotetsu: :tama: :kinta: :zion: :andy: :yamabiko: :rigel: :bella: :maru: :sunny: :bon: :bearchibi:
If they’re supposed to be the next generation then they really need to be getting better development and not just being shoved into the void in favor of Orion and the older characters. We haven’t even seen a sign of several like Heizou, Shirozaru, and Zion at all this series, yet Koyuki and Bella have been mentioned by name despite having been gone for way longer! And don’t get me started on the disappearance of poor Kotetsu... :tfw_orion1:
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

RIGEL!!!

Also I would like to see more of Shirozaru, Muu and Rara. Actually see Akame train them to become the new head of Iga. Prepare them for taking over when he finally croaks

Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

Bella, because it would be nice to know what Weed's forth pup is like, female or not.
And Mel, because although he's all grown up for some time now, we never really get to see him do much at all.
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Hmm... I think my choice would have to Bella, Chibi and Zion. :bella: :bearchibi: :zion:

We haven't seen Bella since the earlier chapters of TLW and I'm still a little bitter that she's never really had any character development as an adult, unlike her three brothers. She's just been a Ginga-stereotypical meek and caring female who just wants to be of some purpose help. :bella:

As for Chibi and Zion... where are they? Is Chibi okay? Is he safe/travelling somewhere with Zion? Did they return to Ohu or was that too risky with the demon Shepherd spawn Sunny and Maru now apparently elevated in status? What was the extent of Chibi's grief for Sirius?
Please don't let this lovable, brotherly duo fall into the void... :bearchibi: :zion:
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

Bella, Rigel, Shion, Chibi, Koyuki, pretty much any supporting or major character Yoshi has created since GDW and GDWO.

Yamabiko, Andy and Bon for example: What do these guys do anyway? aside from being in Ou they rarely do anything more than talk a bit about Orion or just stand and watch in awe what he accomplishes as well as being professional kiss-asses (No offense to anyone who like these characters and to the characters themselves) I mean they're like the characters in the 2014 Godzilla movie which are played by a big name cast, but the cast pretty much only stares in awe when Godzilla reveals itself and demonstrate it's size etc.

Bella should be a part of Orion and Rigel fighting against evil. Sure Yoshi she is a female but could you break your formula a little bit and make an exception here? Everyone will like it i guarantee you that. Rigel, hopefully he gets more development since he already has something to do here.

Shion, where is he? Where is the Chibi subplot and his friendship with Ou army?
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Not sure if relevant to the topic, but I have some major issues with how Yamabiko's character is being handled after GDWO in general.

He was a very important character in GDWO, and his role as the leader of Kurohabaki and conflict with Masamune made his character interesting to follow. But after GDWO? After his introduction at the beginning of TLW, him being part of Kurohabaki is quickly forgotten and he just becomes a regular Ou soldier with Andy and Bon. I'd loved to see more of Yamabiko as the leader of Kurohabaki, and giving a bit different angle to the story where we usually only have the Ou army as the good guys. Maybe have Yamabiko dealing with some local problems in Shikoku - I'd love to see more stuff like that instead of...whatever we currently have going on in the series.

I also have a similar issue with Unsai, as his neutral status to the war was a big thing in GDWO, and his character was fairly interesting too (aside from some occasional...dirty humor). And after the initial crisis in TLW was over...he just sort of becomes a regular soldier (or commander?) in Ou's army, and constantly hangs out with them. Like, doesn't he have his own land to rule? Why live in Ou instead?

I guess my general issue is "characters from different armies/groups in GDWO forgetting their original roles and becoming just Ou soldiers". :derpgin:
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

YamaDora wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:27 pm I guess my general issue is "characters from different armies/groups in GDWO forgetting their original roles and becoming just Ou soldiers". :derpgin:
For real.... I mean, isn't Yamabiko's old man guardian dead too? And yet, Yamabiko has the free time to play around with Orion and the others for over 6 months, leaving his whole army that he won back? ._. He might as well have spared Masamune to watch over the army if he cared this little.

ImageImage
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

Koyuki, Bella, Zion and Chibi for me, especially would like to know if the girls managed fine or if Zion kept his promise to look out for Chibi after Sirius died, after all that was one of the last times he told him to do.
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Basically parroting what others have already said. Rigel and Bella 100% need more screentime, they're Weeds kids! The new generation! Why has Yoshi thrown them out the window? And Koyuki too, I mean she is the star sibs' mom, she deserves more recognition.

Honestly most of the newer gen needs more of a spotlight. We keep going back to the oldies when we should be seeing Yamabiko, Bon, and Andy more frequently.
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Wolpard wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:23 pmHonestly most of the newer gen needs more of a spotlight. We keep going back to the oldies when we should be seeing Yamabiko, Bon, and Andy more frequently.
While I'd love to have those three in more active role, I feel like Takahashi can't deliver that to us - even if he gives them more screentime.

Why I feel this way is because after GDWO, they just...were there? And never did anything significant? Like, Yamabiko and Bon both had these interesting character arcs, being a family member of big bad (Yamabiko's brother being the main bad, and Bon's father was one of his highest ranking officer) and growing up in this war with so many different sides, yet still ending up allying with Ou and fighting for justice.
And after GDWO was over, there was nothing more to them. They've been just Orion's best buddies (even Andy, who prior to TLW barely had any interactions with Orion) who follow him everywhere. Where's the whole thing about Yamabiko being the leader of Kurohabaki? What about Bon's relation to Mateus? All that was just forgotten. And don't get me started with Andy, who very much haven't done anything significant the entire time he's been in the series (even in GDWO).

I just feel that as they are, Yamabiko, Bon and Yamabiko aren't just interesting characters to follow because their personalities feel so empty and meaningless.
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

I know Yoshi can't write good parent/child relationships but his skills to write friendship have become pretty bad too.

Bon, Andy and Yamabiko constantly patronize Orion after GDWO. They don't act like friends at all! XD
Literally almost every setting with the youngsters present, the friend trio decides to do something but make Orion stay out of it lol
And it really feels like they treat Orion like a lost toddler, which is actually kinda funny! Orion is always pushed to the sidelines with some sort of excuse.
Image Image
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Now that I'm thinking about this, my top choice would be Sasuke because he should have gotten more praise and respect from Ou dogs with all of his experience as an Ou soldier instead of being looked down on or shoved to the side. He may not be the strongest, but he's a tough and brave dog. I wish he would have been treated better than being treated as some "weakling." What happened to Sasuke in GDN Chapter 40 reminds of when GB received the same poor treatment during the Hybrid arc in GDW.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Peikko

Post by Peikko »

Bella and Rigel, for the same reasons that others here have already said. The only way I'd like to see Orion as a main character anymore would be if he got some proper character development. He would be a good side character in my opinion.

I loved it when Chibi and Bob appeared for the first time in a long time in GDN. I'd like to see both of them more but they have (or at least had) potential to be such an interesting pair. I liked the idea that Bob didn't like Chibi at first since he reminded him of Monsoon and that he might have to tell Chibi about Sirius's death, which was the situation at first. But after few chapters the whole dynamic changed and suddenly they were best friends so I don't know how well that idea would work anymore. Anyway, I still wish we'd see more of them.

Tesshin has been one of my favorite characters for years. I think he was in GDN, but since I started reading the series later I don't know how much.
Everything is fine as long as it looks like I know what I'm doing.
ZackThePuppy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ZackThePuppy »

All the females, plus Rigel.

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”