Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Spirit Tree »

Shining Sirius wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:15 pm
Digsu wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:11 pm
Shining Sirius wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:50 pm Wait, so is Noah also "infected" with "energy beings" like Wan Wan, then?
According to the Creator, everything is infected by the energy beings, and has been since the dawn of time. Remember, these things are supposedly responsible for evolution. Them taking physical forms and actively possessing Wanwan is supposed to be a bug, not a feature.
:tfw_sirius3:

...Although I somewhat question the semantics of the narration calling them "parasites", since parasites by definition must harm the host in some manner. If the only thing the tiny space ghosts do is protect their hosts and help them evolve (which is frankly another can of worms entirely, since evolution affects species and not individuals, but I digress), it sounds more like a symbiotic relationship than anything.

...I can't believe I'm pointing out scientific inaccuracies in a story about sentient alien butt worms.
Holy shit, you're right. It's literally Venom with samurai dogs. :derpgin:
Yup. That's exactly what it looks like when I said this earlier :tfw_bella1:
Spirit Tree wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:47 am
FDQ wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:30 am I am now convinced these alien worms are the same worms from Futurama that infect Fry and improve his body and brain. They will continue to repair any damaged bodyparts as long as they are residing inside the host.

Wanwan + Futurama worms = immortal doggo
Or it could be this:
One of those alien specimen is going to pull a Venom and turn against its evil alien race and protect Earth instead, isn't it?
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

I'm also just now realising what a kick in the face this whole "the energy beings live in everything" aspect of the plot is to the deceased characters.
I guess they just never got to achieve symbiosis? :mangariki: :akakabuto: :akatora: :gaia: :john: :kurojaki: :kaibutsu: :hougen: :mangahakuro: :toube: :victor: :moss: :yukimura: :lydia: :gb: :kamakiri: :gdwsniper: :sirius:
Unless these "energy beings" only have these weird powers when The Creator or The Demon King influences them? :tfw_aokabuto1:
Winston

Post by Winston »

Seeing Chibi again was cute and all but this whole chapter in all honesty sorta confused me.
-
Thought's below spoiler's obviously:
SPOILER
____
Edit:Take note i might have trouble reading words sometimes, i sadly have dyslexia. :derpgin:
:surprisegin: Woe plague be upon ye. :surprisegin:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Shining Sirius wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:50 pm I'm also just now realising what a kick in the face this whole "the energy beings live in everything" aspect of the plot is to the deceased characters.
I guess they just never got to achieve symbiosis? :mangariki: :akakabuto: :akatora: :gaia: :john: :kurojaki: :kaibutsu: :hougen: :mangahakuro: :toube: :victor: :moss: :yukimura: :lydia: :gb: :kamakiri: :gdwsniper: :sirius:
Unless these "energy beings" only have these weird powers when The Creator or The Demon King influences them? :tfw_aokabuto1:
The way I understand it, all they normally do is allow the Creator to monitor the host
and urge evolution to happen if the environment required it, neither of which would be very useful for the host individual. Hougen wouldn't really have lived any longer even if his personal space ghost parasites had decided "the body of this being is clearly suboptimal for these freezing temperatures, let's make it so that a hundred years from now his descendants have thicker fur".
:bon1:

Your guess is as good as mine when it comes to the Creator claiming the energy beings were also tasked with "protecting their host individual", though. Maybe these things are supposed to be behind the immune system...? Who knows.

Them assuming physical forms and turning a creature into an immortal hellbeast like Wanwan is definitely treated as an anomaly, though. And I have literally zero idea why Noah's eyes suddenly healed but that doesn't seem like something the energy beings are supposed to do, either.

tldr; The energy beings are supposed to just be a fancy explanation for natural selection, except we forgot to untick the "agree to send data to the Creator for diagnostics and tracking purposes" box. Them doing anything else means something's very wrong.

Winston

Post by Winston »

The way I understand it, all they normally do is allow the Creator to monitor the host
and urge evolution to happen if the environment required it, neither of which would be very useful for the host individual. Hougen wouldn't really have lived any longer even if his personal space ghost parasites had decided "the body of this being is clearly suboptimal for these freezing temperatures, let's make it so that a hundred years from now his descendants have thicker fur".
:bon1:

Your guess is as good as mine when it comes to the Creator claiming the energy beings were also tasked with "protecting their host individual", though. Maybe these things are supposed to be behind the immune system...? Who knows.

Them assuming physical forms and turning a creature into an immortal hellbeast like Wanwan is definitely treated as an anomaly, though. And I have literally zero idea why Noah's eyes suddenly healed but that doesn't seem like something the energy beings are supposed to do, either.

tldr; The energy beings are supposed to just be a fancy explanation for natural selection, except we forgot to untick the "agree to send data to the Creator for diagnostics and tracking purposes" box. Them doing anything else means something's very wrong.
So what you're saying is if Riki's mummified body hadn't been destoryed in the explosion we could've seen Zombie Riki, that's kinda curious i wonder how it would've turned out. :THOT:
:surprisegin: Woe plague be upon ye. :surprisegin:
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Interesting!
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

I'll be honest, I think I'm pretty much done with this series.
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

I'm getting more and more interested now XD
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Personally, I've chosen to consider GDN 100% non-canon and officially the series ended with TLW because, let's face it, at this point this can't not be the new wolf arc: an executive-mandated continuation of a story that the author himself considers finished and now he's just pulling crap out of a hat to keep his bosses pleased.

That said, even though I don't believe it's canon I'm absolutely, non-ironically loving the utter absurdity of it.

Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

I think in the end it's up to the creator/license owner desides what is canon and what is not. Whether we like it or not
Sonichu
Defender
Defender

Post by Sonichu »

Digsu wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:16 pm Personally, I've chosen to consider GDN 100% non-canon and officially the series ended with TLW because, let's face it, at this point this can't not be the new wolf arc: an executive-mandated continuation of a story that the author himself considers finished and now he's just pulling crap out of a hat to keep his bosses pleased.

That said, even though I don't believe it's canon I'm absolutely, non-ironically loving the utter absurdity of it.
This^
I was thinking yesterday that at least Yoshi is trying to be creative/over the top-he could so easily repeat the kind of storylines seen in mediocre fan fiction and still get the gold :THOT:
It's something. //shrug
Tybaxel

Post by Tybaxel »

yeah, this whole thing is just...not canon to me at this point, lol. unless something incredible happens that changes my mind, but i strongly doubt it. the whole integration of "the creator" and the literal destruction of earth is just a major turn off. this is a series about dogs and territory conflicts, not this weird evangelical crap xd
:gin: :mangariki: :yukimura: :sirius: :orion: :rigel: :bella:
weed and joe are fake and don't exist!!!!!!
SoullessDog
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by SoullessDog »

I actually like how outlandish the elements are. Would've been nice if it was executed better. Oh well.

-----
Banners and Sprites by GSDJohn

Photoshop Banner by Me

Multiversal Trio Art by Me
formeropr

Post by formeropr »

Digsu wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:13 pm I love how utterly weird this is getting now, but christ if this didn't feel like a really long chapter to translate.
SPOILER
Noah's eyes are healed.
Pikafuey
Defender
Defender

Post by Pikafuey »

The fuck is even happening anymore
Signature by Shadowily

|AO3|Tumblr|
Bonisfab
Friend
Friend

Post by Bonisfab »

Nobody is gonna believe Shion when he tells them that he saw Noah just floating in the air and healing his eyes by crying. They're just going to think Shion has gone insane. This whole manga is so hilarious 😆
Image"We are the demon dogs!" Image
Team Sasuke :sasuke:
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

I already said this somewhere else, but regardless of the weird and crazy shit that's been happening in this story, I think that GDN is still better than fucking TLW.

Also, if no one is going to believe Shion about seeing Noah temporarily turning into a Jesus Dog, then how the hell do they explain to him about seeing a giant worm onion and Wanwan being dead and brought back to life by damn ass worms? :tfw_bella1:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

I don't see how anyone can enjoy this mess even unironically that's how mind-numbingly bad it is. The only reason I still follow it is so I'm a sucker for new content, even if it's shit. As horrible as TLW was with dumbfuck Sirius bringing the war to a screeching halt every five minutes with his bear fetish, everything else at least felt somewhat like Ginga.
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

I loved the beginning of GTLW, and was not much for beginning of GDN. But, later in GTLW I felt 'meh' about it. Compeared to now in GDN. I'm a sucker for aliens, even though the space worms are bit xrazy XD
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Bonisfab
Friend
Friend

Post by Bonisfab »

The last wars should've really been the last wars. The name doesn't even make any sense now since GDN exist and we're about to witness yet another war. And Orion can't just beat Wanwan with a battouga because he's basically immortal so what's he going to do? Ask him to stop? :surprisegin: There's no way any of them can do any harm to Wanwan without having some powers. Well Noah can float so maybe he's supposed to fight Wanwan.

It just feels like Yoshi made a villain that's impossible to kill just to force Orion to negotiate with him. I hope it's not like that..
Image"We are the demon dogs!" Image
Team Sasuke :sasuke:

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”