Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
SeiRen1012
Recruit
Recruit

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by SeiRen1012 »

I don't want Orion to go back to the previous Orion, or be the same as Sirius.
I hated Sirius,
I hate coming out to push my ideals rather than worrying about little brother. (Of course, it's because Orion recognizes Sirius a little.)

I hate Reika now. How can she say "I have no recollection of raising him to be a cruel child." when she was violent at home?
If Reika wanted to stop the cruelty, she should have stopped her husband's "Tamatori" first, and she should have scolded Reika's children when they was rude to colleagues.

And since the last time, Reika didn't attack the enemy. She was just looking. But it made me mad to stop them. Reika didn't do anything and was not damaged.
So, there is no reason to say "I WANT TO KILL YOU, TOO.".

I know there is a reason.
Seiren
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

I must be the only one who wants Orion to return to his GDWO and TLW self... I loved that Orion. He was my favorite character. :( Also the only reason why I enjoyed TLW was this: to see how awesome Orion is becoming.
Oh well...
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Kaiken wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:45 pm I must be the only one who wants Orion to return to his GDWO and TLW self... I loved that Orion. He was my favorite character. :( Also the only reason why I enjoyed TLW was this: to see how awesome Orion is becoming.
Oh well...
It's okay to like Orion in his past appearances, because there are things I like about them too. But there also are things that makes him also very unpleasant personality-wise, which is probably why some people didn't like him.

To sum up at least my personal feelings about his character -here's things I liked about GDWO and TLW Orion:
-Different compared to other Ginga protagonists, was actually capable of being cruel and killing others (though this gets tiresome later on)
-His insane strength (though it can get tiresome how overpowered Ginga protagonists are, young adult Orion showing his strength is something I oddly liked - I have a soft spot for these kind of rough fighter characters)

And things I didn't like about Orion in GDWO and TLW:
-His personality. His character is very interesting at the beginning of GDWO, but he quickly becomes this single-minded hunter who does not listen anyone, even when his behavior is ruining the plans of the good guys. To put it bluntly, he is very obnoxious most of the time.

The fact that Orion is still insanely powerful but isn't using that power just to fight/kill but instead tries other ways (talking, showing his strength in a not-violent way) to solve situations is very refreshing after two series of him being a very violent and toxic person. And I'll gladly welcome this change, because it makes him more likeable character.
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

YamaDora wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:08 pm
Kaiken wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:45 pm I must be the only one who wants Orion to return to his GDWO and TLW self... I loved that Orion. He was my favorite character. :( Also the only reason why I enjoyed TLW was this: to see how awesome Orion is becoming.
Oh well...
It's okay to like Orion in his past appearances, because there are things I like about them too. But there also are things that makes him also very unpleasant personality-wise, which is probably why some people didn't like him.

To sum up at least my personal feelings about his character -here's things I liked about GDWO and TLW Orion:
-Different compared to other Ginga protagonists, was actually capable of being cruel and killing others (though this gets tiresome later on)
-His insane strength (though it can get tiresome how overpowered Ginga protagonists are, young adult Orion showing his strength is something I oddly liked - I have a soft spot for these kind of rough fighter characters)

-His personality. His character is very interesting at the beginning of GDWO, but he quickly becomes this single-minded hunter who does not listen anyone, even when his behavior is ruining the plans of the good guys. To put it bluntly, he is very obnoxious most of the time.

The fact that Orion is still insanely powerful but isn't using that power just to fight/kill but instead tries other ways (talking, showing his strength in a not-violent way) to solve situations is very refreshing after two series of him being a very violent and toxic person. And I'll gladly welcome this change, because it makes him more likeable character.
That's pretty much what i think of him. I mean i was excited about his character since he was supposed to be like Riki, and more fierce than the previous ones, but it escalated quickly when his obnoxious and violent tendencies go up to eleven/overdone and it wears off quick like you mentioned.

Him being able to be cruel is something i never knew was it a good or bad thing, but i didn't feel so positive about it, and his sadistic laughing when charging at some comes off as rather deranged. But when he is not being like this he is surprisingly inspiring and a great guy. There are lot's of unlikable protagonists but in Ginga it felt a little out of place, but i guess i feel it because i'm used to Gin and Weed and because Orion's behavior is ridiculously overdone and sometimes lacks subtlety.

In TLW i didn't like him because he was always aggressive and angry, and i know Sirius was not liked by everyone because he was too soft, but Orion pointlessly nasty remarks towards him and breakdowns made me feel that he hadn't learned much since GDWO.

But now he is becoming likeable and perhaps the most well-developed character here
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

YamaDora wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:08 pm The fact that Orion is still insanely powerful but isn't using that power just to fight/kill but instead tries other ways (talking, showing his strength in a not-violent way) to solve situations is very refreshing after two series of him being a very violent and toxic person. And I'll gladly welcome this change, because it makes him more likeable character.
Yeeeesssss, this is my feelings about Orion too.
When he tried so hard to hold back but falcon kicked that dog in the gut, my admiration for Orion rekindled. TLW definitely tarnished Orion for me for a bit, but that scene alone gives me high hopes I can love him again without regrets by the end of this... hopefully.
Sirius, please don't overdo it.

ImageImage
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

YamaDora wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:08 pm
Oh well...

Yes, agreed! This is the one thing that annoyed me as well about him. However I don't really find it too bothersome. I've always saw it just as Orion being young, so I find it excusable, although I'd have preferred him not acting that way.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Volume 4 is scheduled to be released on February 28, 2020, according to a tweet from Ginga_soul. The tweet contains two images from Amazon, further confirming it.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

https://mobile.twitter.com/ginga_soul14 ... 0758951941

Info on the newest chapter... oof, we’re falling behind :tfw_rigel2:
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Tsukitora wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:54 am https://mobile.twitter.com/ginga_soul14 ... 0758951941

So Crow is attacked by random dogs for whatever reason? How interesting. And it looks like Orion is trying to get info from that Aka-ari captain. But I don’t know. Can’t wait to see this whole chapter...whenever we do catch up.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Platina
Defender
Defender

Post by Platina »

*Nitpicking*The crosshatching on one of the dogs is off and Weed has puppy eyes again...*End nitpicking*
Platina wolf by me.
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Tsukitora wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:54 am https://mobile.twitter.com/ginga_soul14 ... 0758951941

Oof...there is a mistake made by an assistant in the first panel! (Hiro's kid I don't remember which one was which has tones on his rear made for another dog on it! It can be little hard to see, but it's definitely there)
Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose »

YamaDora wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:00 am

Oof...there is a mistake made by an assistant in the first panel! (Hiro's kid I don't remember which one was which has tones on his rear made for another dog on it! It can be little hard to see, but it's definitely there)
That one's Kin (Kin is the one with the darker tone and Tama is the one with red ears like Hiro)
The Gay Jackalope

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Crow maybe tried to steal the random dogs's food :tfw_aokabuto1:
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

isn't it funny how... Orion seems to be learning and growing from his experiences in TLW whereas Weed isn't, by creating another cycle of revenge by attacking/humiliating Crow but leaving him alive and then just leaving? he didn't try to turn Crow around or talk to him and figure out what he's motivated by, he just attacked him and then left.
:akame:
Known as ep or eraserplains, active on Bluesky and Tumblr
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

That blackie looks similar to the black eared dog from volume 3 cover. Sure, he's missing a nose stripe, but that could be a mistake. Although in shadows, it seems that even his floppy eared Weimarian looking pal is there also. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ELoF6FxUwAA ... ame=medium
Shepherd back, GB ears - ''Blackie''.

I know it's a stretch, but I refuse to believe the followers on cover are completely random.
Favorites:
Tikikata
Legend
Legend

Post by Tikikata »

I need to go back and catch up with some earlier chapters, but I love that hunky Crow, lol. I don't know why, he's just such a lorg boi and I love him, lol.
GingaBoard's Resident Lloyd Fan
:belmond: :kurotora: :lloyd: :hyakkiga: My Twitch || My Twitter :george: :ken: :lydia: :unsai:

Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

https://twitter.com/ginga_soul146/statu ... 9557956608

Ginga_soul added more images of last week's chapter.

That red-furred female looks almost like Chako from GDW. But who is she?
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Spirit Tree wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:18 pm https://twitter.com/ginga_soul146/statu ... 9557956608

Ginga_soul added more images of last week's chapter.

That red-furred female looks almost like Chako from GDW. But who is she?
Honestly, I feel like it's just a random female that's being used for exposition.

When Kyoshiro's about to leave, she asks if the "red dog [they] are searching for" is related to the Aka'ari army. So I'm guessing the Aka'ari boss is red.

Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Thanks for the Twitter link to more pictures, Spirit Tree. I was missing not getting any news. :thumbsup:

Uh oh, Jyoushiro is in the proximity of children again. That mama had better file a restraining order quick. :kyoushiro:

I was also going to say I'm surprised that Crow had the power to take down a boar but then get beaten up by these random strangers... then I noticed that the boar's leg is caught in some sort of trap. Guess he really is little above being a giant coward who only picks on women, children and anything that can't fight back. Kind of unfortunate if that's all his character is ever going to be from now on. Well, it was already established as such, but, you know what I mean. :tfw_orion1:
#CrowRedemption2020.
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

Shining Sirius wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:32 pm Thanks for the Twitter link to more pictures, Spirit Tree. I was missing not getting any news. :thumbsup:

Uh oh, Jyoushiro is in the proximity of children again. That mama had better file a restraining order quick. :kyoushiro:

I was also going to say I'm surprised that Crow had the power to take down a boar but then get beaten up by these random strangers... then I noticed that the boar's leg is caught in some sort of trap. Guess he really is little above being a giant coward who only picks on women, children and anything that can't fight back. Kind of unfortunate if that's all his character is ever going to be from now on. Well, it was already established as such, but, you know what I mean. :tfw_orion1:
#CrowRedemption2020.
That's what i've been thinking about since chapter 11 when Kyoushiro along with others attack him and kick his ass, he runs off and moments later collapses due to exhaustion. Crow is without doubt a big guy and uses his size to scare others, but his size surely has it's disadvantages like tiring out and being a bit clumsy. In the end he doesn't seem very brave or ferocious and probably without his lackeys he is pretty much a punching bag

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”