Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Dragon »

Thanks so much Fanta!
I am pretty sad how slow and..strange this is going. I really like how mysterious the Big Boss is going but I wish he sorta speed up the pace so we get whats going on lol

Big Boss got so exhausted and talking so interestingly... I hope he doesn't go down a generic route. With how much Yoshi is holding back, eithherrrr..Yoshi has an idea and is milking it to fill out volumes... ooorrr he's still thinking from chapter to chapter and still not sure if he's super bad or a little bad.
I mean I still remember when gramps rolled down a small hill and the child lived but he fell so bad he died (first in Ginga) out of nowhere. I really hope Yoshi has a set plan. I wanna see a thought through arc again. TLW did not feel that way.

ImageImage
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Thanks for the speedy translating Fanta!!

I... definitely get the vibe that Yoshi doesn't have much of a plan. I don't know why else the pacing would be so weird. Also this villain doesn't seem that scary, at least not yet?? Is he even going to be the big bad?
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Yoshi has, by his own admission, always written by the seat of his pants so I don't see why GDN would be the exception.

Also he probably has a quota of volumes to fill, meaning that in addition to making everything up on the fly, he has to stretch things out enough to fill however many volume the publisher wants. Worked out super well with TLW, didn't it, fellas?

I assume we'll eventually get a flashback or something explaining what Big Boi's deal is (it's Ginga, you're contractually obligated to have a sad backstory that somehow negates the fact that you eat babies or some shit), but I'm not going to be holding my breath for when that happens. Doubly so since we've currently got three different plotlines running simultaneously (Big Boi, Orion hanging out with Hyenoah, and Miho's search for her dad) that keep switching back and forth at random and we have no idea how they're connected (Hirota and Miho probably being siblings notwithstanding).

That said, I'm not giving up hope for the series just yet. It's got the ingredients of a good story, it's just taking its sweet time putting them to use - we still don't know if this is going to be awesome or just a rehash of TLW quality-wise.

Side note: I love how the chapter page and image are all about Noah, who doesn't even appear in the chapter itself.

Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Oh wow, there's been lots of activity on this thread recently. Thanks to blivery and Fanta for another chapter! :heart:

Yeah, I'm with Wolpard in feeling that this chapter is all over the place... :tfw_orion2
George and Jyoshiro are back to being loud-mouthed punks, these enemies are constantly going back and forth from disrespectful and hostile to a bunch of quivering cowards. The only noteworthy aspect of this chapter was watching Giganto flaunting his power by crushing Kagetora underneath him and grabbing Jyoshiro in his jaws to use as a weapon... and then he just runs away and collapses exclaiming how much he wants to "get rid of them"? He had the perfect opportunity there to just bite Jyoshiro's head off! Am I twisted in thinking that actually would've made for a more interesting read? :P4:
Last edited by Shining Sirius on Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Shining Sirius wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:43 am Oh wow, there's been lots of activity on this thread recently. Thanks to blivery and Fanta for another chapter! :heart:

Yeah, I'm with Wolpard in feeling that this chapter is all over the place... :tfw_orion2
George and Jyoshiro are back to being loud-mouthed punks, these enemies are constantly going back and forth from disrespectful and hostile to a bunch of quivering cowards. The only noteworthy aspect of this chapter was watching Giganto flaunting his power by crushing Kagetora underneath him and grabbing Jyoshiro in his jaws to use as a weapon... and then he just runs away and collapses exclaiming how much he wants to "get rid of them"? He had the perfect opportunity there to just bite Jyoshiro's head off! Am I sick in thinking that actually would've been a lot more interesting? :P4:
ngl, that scene gave me flashbacks to my theory that Big Boi is a cannibal and I half expected him to swallow Jyoshiro whole. He certainly looks big enough to be able to do it.

I don't really get why he ran away either, though. Not in-universe, at least, of course for plot reasons the battle had to end quickly because otherwise it would have ended with either him dying (can't go killing the villain when we're only nine chapters in) or killing some/all of the Ohu dogs fighting him (can't go killing popular characters just like that, bad for business y'know). But considering that Hougen was a one-man army despite being half his size, it's definitely weird.

Also, I'm calling it now, his cronies will switch sides at some point, probably because Gin or Weed or even a post-enlightenment Orion will impress them with his goodness. They're obviously not the hardened evildoers that characters like the Kurohabaki and Kamakiri's pack were, and they clearly don't have any particular love for their boss.

Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Wolpard wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:42 am Thanks for the speedy translating Fanta!!

I... definitely get the vibe that Yoshi doesn't have much of a plan. I don't know why else the pacing would be so weird. Also this villain doesn't seem that scary, at least not yet?? Is he even going to be the big bad?

Exactly! I was just going to say this. He doesn't seem like a villain. A minor officer of main villain, sure, but not The One. He's not smart, he's not skilled, he's not really strong, or even durable as how easily he was bleeding, thrown over and overpowered by some Ohu officers. Even his design just doesn't tell that this man is strong like Viktor, Hougen or Masamune was.
However, judging by the way TLW worked it could be possible that GDN will again focus on less defeating a overpowerful villain, but instead on character's morals and their own inner struggles, then this guy would be perfect, as he might be a way to show that Ohu army is not so 100% perfect, but it's got a darker side as well, just like the ''villain'' isn't really 100% bad either, who's maybe acting in his own way of justice.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

fantachan wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:32 am Chapter 11 is up.
https://fantasscans.blogspot.com/2019/0 ... er-11.html

Y'know, I was actually kind of looking forward to this series, but so far it's leaving us with more questions than answers. In this villain's case

What is the villain's motive?
What is the villain's name??
Who are the villain's subordinates really scared of? Is it their boss, or the Ouu Army?

I know the series is just starting, but if you're going to have a villain, his name, motive, skills, etc. have to be made known almost as soon as he's introduced. You can't just keep things a secret just for the sake of suspense. I've already lost interest in this series. :tfw_orion2
I kinds agree with you on that. I want some answers before I can actually have full interest in the series
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
MasterOfCider
Recruit
Recruit

Post by MasterOfCider »

Thanks Blivery and Fanta!

So like he just...dips? Kyoushirou's my favorite, but I swore something more was going to come from him being so impulsive. I guess he gets away uninjured. With a body like that, I expected the boss to be some sort of terrifying powerhouse. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
"Satan takes me to the pasta."
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Digsu wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:57 am Also, I'm calling it now, his cronies will switch sides at some point, probably because Gin or Weed or even a post-enlightenment Orion will impress them with his goodness. They're obviously not the hardened evildoers that characters like the Kurohabaki and Kamakiri's pack were, and they clearly don't have any particular love for their boss.
I wouldn't even be surprised if enlightened Orion can persuade the BOSS to join the Ohu army. It'll be a first in Ginga to persuade the main villain to join them and it'll show how far Orion has come to being a more 'understanding' person.

ImageImage
Mellow

Post by Mellow »

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Mellow wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:19 pm https://twitter.com/katukatu210/status/ ... 92673?s=19

Is this the cover for volume 1? :tfw_rigel3:
Oh yes!!
Wonder if that is suppose to be Weed or Sirius left of Rigel? XD
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Flanoir
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Flanoir »

Is it me or does it seem the photo backgrounds are back? :tfw_rigel1:
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Ohh i like the cover! :tfw_bella2: It could be Bella but I'm sure it's Sirius. Poor Bella..
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Sorry, but I'm not too wild about this cover.

We've seen all this art before, and it always seems to be the art of the bear hound siblings (minus Bella, of course) and Yoshi's favorite characters.

This is a new series. The least they could do is draw up some new art. :EMPTY:
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

fantachan wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:51 pm Sorry, but I'm not too wild about this cover.

We've seen all this art before, and it always seems to be the art of the bear hound siblings (minus Bella, of course) and Yoshi's favorite characters.

Big agree.

I feel like nothing we are getting is new and fresh anyway though.
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

I'm crying...
Poor poor Rigel is only seen in ONE PANEL in these first 11 chapters of the new manga. One small panel where doesn't even speak...
Even tho it's used art, at least the other characters in the cover appear in the manga..
Let's hope volume 2 cover has new art of the new characters! DX
Image Image
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

fantachan wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:51 pm Sorry, but I'm not too wild about this cover.

This was my exact thought when I saw the cover :EMPTY:

It's just really disappointing. I was honestly super positive about GDN at first, even Hyena being Noah despite the fact that there's just REALLY no overlooking that we've seen his ghost in GDW, but it's just boring now. I still wanna hold out hope for it, and hope that it gets better, but we'll see.

I really like Orion's change of heart, as my favorite character I think it's so neat to see him have some development... but it really was out of nowhere, we didn't get to see this development and again, as someone whose an Orion fan I just think that's really disappointing :blank:
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Avatar by Kasi | Banner by Sandatora
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Gingastar wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:21 am I really like Orion's change of heart, as my favorite character I think it's so neat to see him have some development... but it really was out of nowhere, we didn't get to see this development and again, as someone whose an Orion fan I just think that's really disappointing :blank:
Eh, I can sort of forgive Orion's character development coming out of nowhere because he does have a pretty good reason for the sudden self-inspection - he did lose his brother and believes he's at least partially to blame for his death. The thing about his resentment eventually changing into a feeling of emptiness in the beginning wall of exposition also suggests that, with Monsoon dead, he no longer knew what the purpose of his life was, further adding to his confusion and need to sort out his feelings.

Of course, all of this would have been a lot more meaningful and poignant if his descent into depression wasn't conveyed entirely through a huge wall of text.

Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Gin looks so done being part of his own manga series... or maybe he's having a staring contest with that blonde lady? :gdwgin:
Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

okay, so Ginga includes v*re now :tfw_akame: I can't believe that boober, drawing Rocket holding Taichi who is SO SMOL in the same image as Kyoshiro, looking enormous in comparison.
:akame:
Known as ep or eraserplains, active on Bluesky and Tumblr

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”